“Nothing special”

Bamboo Buffet and Grill
Ranked #282 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Previously, the food has been good, but over the past year the quality seems to be slipping. Most of our choices today were not hot & the service was slow. My wife & I find it average but nothing special.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

I am a person of first impressions and this is it in Des Moines! The food and staff are always on point however the carpet is absolutely horrible. It looks as though it has never been professionally cleaned and that is a lasting impression with me.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Place is neat and very nice. The servers are polite.. service is really good. Typical Chinese cuisine but my fave here is the bourbon chicken. I love that you can buy to go on buffet using a white container and whatever you put in it will be one price. Price is very reasobable. My hubby and I always go here. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I've sampled many Asian buffets over the years and I have to say that in the years that I've patronized the Bamboo Buffet it is one of the most consistent when it comes to their food preparation, which is ALWAYS well-cooked, properly seasoned and tasty.

Unlike some buffets that offer a few Asian dishes and then fill the gap with an assortment of "filler" dishes, Bamboo offers a nice variety of Asian style dishes besides a choice of some American dishes, fruit and desserts.

While this is not an upscale establishment, I've never found it unclean or been provided dirty silverware by the staff, whom I've always found to be friendly, accommodating and happy to provide us good service.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Wife and grandchildren ate with me the evening of 16 JUN 2016. Was going to eat at a BBQ recommended in TripAdvisor but since we had BBQ the evening before, wife wanted something different. We did not see many places to dine so we decided to try Chinese at Bamboo. Food was typical buffet offerings and all was hot. My four year old grandson flirted with the server who took to him as well. She was sweet and took the grandchildren to the desert bar for ice cream. We would go back if in the area again.