“Great little hole in the wall German restaurant”

Europa Haus Restaurant and Bier Stube
Ranked #62 of 226 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Don't be too taken aback by the outside of this little place. It looks like a downtrodden corner bar when you drive up. Step inside and there about 6 checkered table clothed booths or tables and tons of cool stuff on the walls. It IS a bar also, but serves great authentic Herman food at very reasonable prices! The beer was good ( though unfortunately they weren't serving or stocking any German beers (???), the food was very good and filling- we had sauerbraten and rouladen, each served with spaetzle, red cabbage, soup, bread. We ordered a bier plate for an appetizer, which we wouldn't have needed to- bread, braunschweiger, great salami, cheese. And very good homemade apple /caramel pie! Fun meal. The to protest was very friendly too.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Friendly people, fabulous atmosphere and delicious food and drink, who could ask for more. The dinner on 10-16-15 was pork schnitzel and baked chicken with red cabbage and spaetzle, plus bread and butter. All we can say is that is was fabulous!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2015

First let me say we were there near the end of food service time. Saturday evening and there were three patrons at the bar. The place is very much like a neighborhood tavern in Germany. Everyone was very friendly, service was good, beer was fresh and tasty. My wife and I had the weiner schnitzel dinner. Soup was excellent and I feel homemade. Weiner schnitzel tender, lightly breaded, large portion, but lacked seasoning. Spaetzle was cold and very small portion. Red cabbage was average. Bread was from a store bought loaf. I would have expected bakery or homemade. Cost very reasonable if the meal would have been up to par.
I would go there again partly because it's the only German food in Dubuque and I feel they deserve another shot given the time of night we were there. I did like the feel of the place and the owners.
Call ahead. They have varying hours and menu might be different.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

Cozy atmosphere, neighborhood-friendly and the best food ever! The beef was cut-with-a-fork tender and the spaetzle tasted homemade! I even loved the chicken noodle cabbage soup that came with the meal. You must try this place!

1  Thank Bulld0g1
Reviewed 22 September 2014

Loved this place never tried German food and wanted to try it had weiner schnitzel it was amazing if you want to try German Food and beer this is the place