US$100
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$96
US$89
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$95
US$83
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$134
US$130
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areashopping and restaurantsroom was cleanwould stay here againstaff was friendlyother hotelsnice hotelhot tubfront desk stafffresh fruitwafflesgreat place to staystayed one nightnice stayconvenient locationget away
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I was very please with my stay at the Dubuque Hampton. It was very clean, modern and updated. The room was great and I loved that I had the option of picking a room with a shower only (instead of a shower/tub combo). I was also very impressed with the wide selection of food that was available as part of the complimentary breakfast. There was so much food and what I had was very good. If I ever get back to the area, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Dear Kyrie E,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We do appreciate all our reviews. I am so happy that you found our hotel clean and up to date. I also enjoy our breakfast quite a bit. Again, thank you for taking the time to write our review.

“Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with Hampton Inn-Dubuque. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

After reading the reviews that this was the number one rated hotel we booked our room for Saturday night August 22.
When we entered the room there was a bit of a musty smell which was not over powering but we figured we could turn on the fan while we did activities in the city and it would help eliminate the smell. That was at 3pm. We left for approximately 7 hours and when we returned there was still a smell of mustiness but not so noticeable. We then pulled back the bedding only to
Discover a clump of hair on the fitted sheet. We then noticed two very distinct stains on the sheet which was very off putting. Being it was late and we were very tired from the day we just slept on the top sheet so we would not touch the stains on the fitted sheet. The bed itself was ok however the pillows were too soft to sleep on comfortably. We maybe slept for 4 hours all night. When we went to check out at 8:30 there was only one person checking people out and there was a small line of people waiting and while we were waiting to checkout the phone rang and she stopped to talk to whoever had called. Meanwhile 3 of us were still waiting to check out. When you have customers in front of you, the phone can wait. 15-20 minutes of waiting and we were finally on our way. I would it recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Sarah L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dubuque, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Dear Rick S

We have been trying to research your reservation we have had trouble finding someone with your name and location that stayed in this facility. We were hoping to watch the video of your check out process for training purposes, but can't locate you. I apologize for your less than adequate stay, but we hope that next time you would address any issues with the front desk at least upon check out if not at the time of the issue. Thank you for writing this review we do use these to try to make our staff better.

Jeff Cue

Reviewed 19 August 2015

We were treated with such respect, kindness and thoughtfulness on our recent week long stay at Hampton Inn in Dubuque, IA. Jeff (mngr), Wendy, Dave and entire staff were always ready to assist, We were there for our Mother's passing and funeral. Dave even kept extra copies of her obit for us. The hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable and a great location. It was very helpful to start our day out with a good fresh quality breakfast, too. And the dining staff always had a smile. Thanks again Hampton Inn Dubuque!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kathyH53555

Dear kathyH53555,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate them all. We were happy to be able to assist you in your time of need. We look at our guests like extended family. I am happy to hear that you felt this way.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

My husband and I went there last week as a getaway from the day to day. Dubuque itself seems to me to be a city that's trying to rejuvenate itself; some parts are quite run down or abandoned. The Hampton Inn was just off of a frontage road in front of a main drag. I couldn't hear the traffic noises at all, so that was a plus. The view from the window was the back of the strip mall- I saw a lot of people taking smoke breaks. Not very relaxing or appealing, in my opinion. The main desk people were very friendly every time we were there to check in or out, or ask questions. However, the room wasn't quite what I had expected- the layout was odd to me, and a bit cramped. In the shower, there was a long black hair stuck to the wall (I have long blond hair so clearly it wasn't from me). There was also a shorter brown hair underneath that. When I got into bed, there was a short blond hair and another long black hair on the sheets. So gross. The floor in the bathroom was sticky in parts. I don't think the maid service cleaned the room all that well, unfortunately. We had planned on using the pool and hot tub also, but there was a big sign on the door stating not to use the main pool door and pointed to another door, which was the fitness room door, and it didn't lead to the pool at all. We ended up not using the pool on our stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear JAK5878,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate each review that we receive. We are happy that you found our staff friendly.
We are sorry that you feel our city is not up to par. As a community that has been striving to behold our destination status we at the Hampton Inn feel that the city has by far met the expectations from where we were in the past.
The strip mall is operated by a different entity we are unable to control where their employees take their breaks.
According to our records you were in one of our larger suites, and the layout is predetermined by Hilton. I do apologize if you found issues with housekeeping. I wish you had brought this to our attention right away. As for your pool and hot tub concerns our main pool door has never had a sign stating to use the fitness center door as they do not connect. During your visit the pool and hot tub were in full operation per state law. Again, I would like to thank you for your review.

Jeff Cue

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Nice hotel. No doubt. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. The actual location of the hotel was perfect. Near everything and close enough to the places I needed to be. HOWEVER, the noise quality was horrible. As a Hilton Honors member I did expect my room to be away from the elevator. All night I could hear the elevator going up and down and people yelling in the halls, slamming doors. It was the worst sleep I've ever had...and I have an infant!! My infant and toddler were the quiet ones.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear MrsBrooklyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate receiving feedback about our hotel. We would like to apologize for the noise you experienced. In the future please call the front desk so that we can address the issue at that time. We would like to also make sure that your HHonors profile does read that you would like to be away from the elevator. We think that we were able to make that change for you! This helps us better place you in the future. Otherwise, we are happy that you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel!

Again, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all the reviews that we receive and try to utilize them to make us a better hotel.