“Best Fine Dining in North Iowa”
Review of Prime N Wine

Prime N Wine
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Mason City
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Prime N Wine is a locally owned Steak House with Seafood and Greek Cuisine. The Prime N Wine opened in 1988 and is on its 2nd generation of owners who also grew up in Mason City Iowa.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Well, North Iowa isn't known for fine dining compared to Minneapolis or Des Moines. The Prime and Wine is as close as you will get to a great dining experience. Bartenders that know how to make a good martini and will even stuff your olives with blue cheese if you ask. The greek style salad, spaghetti, and filet mignon are at the top of my list for the best items on the menu. For those that are cost conscious try date night on Thursday, but make a reservation.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We stumbled upon this place on a cold Thursday night. It was packed, so we ate in the bar. Thursday is 'date night' and they have an optional menu where you get an appetizer, salad, select from an special entree menu and share desert for a fixed price. Good wine selection and the service was good. We had the beef filets and they were a great cut of meat and cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went to the early bird special for dinner and it was out of this world good! Had the cod with garlic mashed potatoes and salad. The fish was cooked to perfection, the salad was so very good and the potatoes were great. The price for this was so reasonable. The waitress was wonderful. All the way around a must eat at place!

dougbrown7466, Owner at Prime N Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your kind comments.

Doug

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I was traveling on the road with my coworker and decided to eat here for dinner. Was very impressed with the ambience. Waiter was friendly and very attentive. I had the Greek platter & was very pleased. The greek salad was excellent! The baklava with ice cream I had for dessert was superb. If this restaurant were located in Chicago land I would definitely eat there. I will definitely eat here again when I am in Mason City.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My immediate family and daughter's in-laws ate here. Given they come to Mason City frequently, they were familiar with this restaurant. Ron and i had the Greek plate with lamb. The lamb was tasty and properly done. We left food on our plates. I, however, miss the good Greek food of Chicago. This meal was just "good" in comparison. My wife's macaroni was too heavy.

The service was very good, and for that reason i rate the place as very good.

dougbrown7466, Owner at Prime N Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for the nice review. The sides for the Greek plate are made by a Greek born woman. The lamb is prepared by an American. The way dishes are prepared and taste depend on what area of Greece you are from.

Doug