“Food good, service .....”

Mulligan's Bar & Grill
Ranked #30 of 90 Restaurants in Mason City
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Was there with a somewhat large group (35-40 people) in the back room. They always seem to have service issues with larger groups as this is the 3rd time in several years I have attended a party or activity in the back room and the servers can't get their act together. We were one of the first to order food yet one of the last to get it. Servers calling out what was on the plate to see who ordered it. My sandwich was hot but fries cold. I went to the bar twice to refill our water pitcher as the waitress seemed to be way overwhelmed to see we needed a refill.

I have stopped and ate as a couple or family and both service and food was great. Maybe the kitchen is too small to handle the large order that comes in at one time with a large group in the back room?

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I have never had a bad meal here in the years we have been to Mason City. Generous portions of great tasting food in a small town atmosphere. Even the Cole slaw is top shelf.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Excellent buffet and very good service! Clean and well kept building! Excellent drinks well made! Loved it!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Always good food!!! Ask about items that may not be listed on the menu! Seriously delicious broasted chicken, shrimp, red snapper...I'm getting hungry thinking about it!!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Don't be fooled by the simple building, good food awaits inside. The special on Tuesday was the deep fried cod, and it was great. Also tried the ribeye steak dinner. Emily our server was friendly and very attentive. Would recommend Mulligans.