“What I would expect from a Fairfield.”

Fairfield Inn Sioux City
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Room was clean. Bed was comfy. The TV worked. That's usually all I ask for when it comes to staying for business.

Staff was alright, nothing to write home about. They also had assumed I had checked out before the check out time and had moved all of their maintenance equipment into the room before I came back from a business meeting. It didn't bother me but I could see that bothering someone else. Just a case of double checking if you have guests that stayed in the room the night before.

Room Tip: Make sure they aren't planning on doing mainentance on your room the next morning.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Jared thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. I apologize that our maintenance engineer had started work in your room. We had a mixup at the front desk and thought your room had checked out already. We dropped the ball and I apologize for that.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Great staff, but a well worn hotel. Sheets were stretched and didn't stay on the bed, small rooms, outdated decor. A small pool but no hot tub and if you want to exercise, you get a pass to use elsewhere. Good breakfast options. I have stayed at other Marriott hotels with great outcomes, but this was a little disappointing. Unfortunately, it was the only Marriott option. Close to many restaurants and necessary shopping.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
SiouxCityManager, Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback Jan S. I apologize that your hotel experience did not meet your expectations. We are hoping to get a renovation soon, but unfortunately it is out of our hands. I apologize that your sheets did not want to stay on your bed, we try our best to pull the worn sheets, as we order new monthly. We will make sure to our housekeeping staff and laundry staff pay special attention to this issue. Again, my apologies for our shortcomings. We hope that despite these faults you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Well, this hotel needs a full remodel, or demolished and a new one built in its place. Maybe a TownPlace Suites or something. The place was in sad shape. Dirty, worn front door, VERY weird smell downstairs, just not a nice place. The rooms were old and discolored and not modern, and dirty feeling. The floor in my room was scary so I wore socks the entire time. Yuck. And the internet didn't work for hours until they finally fixed that problem. Over all an epic fail. AND I won't be going back to this one until they make some changes.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback Jama80. I apologize that your hotel experience was a failure. We are hoping to get a renovation soon but I don't directly control those purse strings. I am shocked to hear about the lack of cleanliness, dirty feeling, and smell you described. Our public area and guest room carpets are cleaned regularly, along with daily vacuuming by the housekeeping staff. I will follow up with our housekeeping staff concerning your cleanliness comments. Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Tom, at front desk was super friendly and helpful however for the price and brand, this Fairfield is extremely disappointing. From the small room, loose and old (it is wavy its so old and loose) green carpet to 90's old tile, to the oxidized tub handle, this is a greatly inferior hotel in this major chain. If I hadn't paid a Benjamin Franklin and a third and walked in the front door, I would honestly assume we were staying in a Motel 6 or Super 8.

Wish I paid the extra four bucks and stayed at one of the adjacent hotels.

I rate this as "poor" given the disparity between quality to price. The room is clean and the staff friendly.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

I am sorry that you found the property outdated and inferior in value. Licoriceky2, I am glad you found our service and cleanliness of the property to be inline with Marriott standards. My staff and I work hard on maintaining a welcoming, productive, and clean environment at the hotel for our guests. We are hoping for a capital upgrade soon however currently we're working on smaller upgrades at the property level. We're adding ergonomic desk chairs, charging outlet cubes on nightstands, accent walls, and upgrading the bedding, terry, and bathroom amenities. Again, I am sorry the property did not meet your expectation in value.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I was surprised to be chosen as the guest of the day and received a bag of goodies. The room was comfortable and the bed was great. The only thing wrong was the table lamp bulb was burned out. The staff was friendly and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Hi psharp50 - thank you for your great review! We honor a random guest every day with the Guest of the Day program and it's so cool you enjoyed the honor! Hope to see you again soon.