“Great mexican food”

Plaza Mexico
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Storm Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We love the fajitas here!. My hubby and I always split the steak or the trio fajita. Great price, great food.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The food took a while to get to the table. It was ok Mexican food but not great. If you want great Mexican food go to Monterey in spencer

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Two words: Pollo Loco
That's right...crazy chicken! Plaza serves the best Pollo Loco I have ever had. The portion size is generous. I can usually get two or three meals out of it. The prices at Plaza are very reasonable and the service is insanely speedy!
Does the decor match that of other "more traditional" mexican joints? No! But it doesn't need to...the food is great and Plaza is always busy. The flower light fixtures still make me smile every time I see them . Plaza is a great meeting spot for groups of 5-10. The never ending chips and salsa is always good. Don't forget to try the frozen margaritas! I have eaten at Plaza over 20 times and I don't have one bad thing to say.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Vacationed here and we always look for authentic Mexican cuisine wherever we travel. If you're one who expects/desires free chips and salsa when you dine, you will get it here. The menu was so large that we had to ask our gracious waiter three times that we weren't ready to order yet. My wife had Chimis and I had something I can't pronounce that had chicken and peppers and an awesome sauce, and we left feeling that not only did we get a great meal, but the final bill was appealing, too.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The restaurant is a refabbed Village Inn (or some such). What it lacks in ambience it makes up in food. Delicious. The Carne Asada is my favorite. Order some roasted hot peppers--I dare you. They are delicious! Good beer options, and other drinks to please most anyone (save someone who, like me, wants really good wine--but no big deal). Friendly, helpful staff.

Date of visit: June 2016