Comfort Inn(Story City)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$90
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$102
US$80
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$72
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$89
US$129
US$146
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The room smelled very much like mold the air conditioning needed cleanining lots of moisture in the air.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Nicky P, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Story City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

I am very sorry to hear that the AC unit caused you discomfort during your stay. I am having our housekeeping and maintenance check all the rooms and ensure that all rooms smell fresh and the AC units are clean.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped late one night on a road trip to Kansas. We got the last room which was clean and cozy for our overnight stay. My wife and I got up early, I used the shower and we left by 5:30. I didn't realize it until we got an hour away that I had left my phone in the room. I used my wife's phone to call and talk to the manager who happened to be the same guy who checked us in the night before and out that morning. I asked if he could just put it in the safe until we were on our way back through a few days later. He was happy to keep the phone safe for a few days and was extremely pleasant to deal with. When we got back he returned the phone just as I had left it and didn't even ask for any ransom money :) A+ all around for this hotel!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for your kind comments and for noticing the many positive aspects of our hotel. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We’ll be here for you when you need us again.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2017

When arrived, the front desk informed us the cleaning crew never showed up so rooms were not ready at the 2:00 check in time. We had to get ready for a wedding by 4 so we were desperate. We would have appreciated a phone call so we could be changed arrangements. After 15 min of talking, he mentioned smoking rooms were available. Once getting a smoking room, only type of rooms that were unused night before, a golf ball sized spider was on the sink. Breakfast was not great, but it is a budget hotel so that was expected. But rest was all unexpected and very frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I regret to hear that you had a negative experience, and we are looking into the problems you described. We appreciate all feedback and will work hard to make sure any future stays for you, and other guests will be satisfactory.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Story, Iowa, the town is small and quite and whenever possible we stay at the Super 8.
The night manager, Colin, knows us and is always helpful. This time was a bit different in that my wife and I rode our motorcycles on the way to Rochester, MN.
Colin insisted that we move our motorcycle so that the surveillance cameras had a clear view of our motorcycles.
The next morning Sunny, the owner, greeted us and called me by name.
We went on our way but made sure to stop on the return trip.
We have always been treated well at this motel and I give it 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Nicky P, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Story City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

We were all so thrilled to have you as our guests it's always great to hear about all of the amazing stays that everyone has with us. I'm happy that you liked our clean comfortable rooms, tasty breakfast, convenient location, and wonderful staff. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay and for the great recommendation. We hope to see you again soon!