The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)
US$76
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$49
US$138
Travelocity
US$65
PremierInn.com
US$68
US$56
Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$66
PremierInn.com
Briar Court Hotel(Huddersfield)
US$67
US$62
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$47
  • Restaurant
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$54
All reviewssunday lunchcountry pubyorkshire puddingchicken breastfish and chipsfamily mealpiecooked to perfectionthree courseswedding venuelovely mealcourse mealbed and breakfastfamily roomfunction roomlovely roomfull english
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here about 6 months previously based on numerous recommendations. The food and service were absolutely second to none. The menu was great and we left feeling stuffed. Good food, good service, what's not to like?

Fast forward 6 months and we decide to visit again (We don't eat out much so it's a rare treat)

Instantly I noticed the menu had changed. Ok, it's a restaurant, things change. But nothing really stood out. I had the fleece plate pie, and my other half had a salmon dish.
We both completely failed to realise that side dishes were now an additional extra.
When the food arrived I was quite shocked to see that for £12 I had essentially been given pie and peas.
My other half received a small piece of salmon atop a small dollop of mashed potato.

The food was nice and that I can't complain about. But the portion size certainly didn't bowl me over. My partner actually left hungry.

On the menu extras are available such as chips and vegetables etc. for around £2.50 a throw. We just failed to realise this based on previous experience.

Honestly, unless they revert to the old menu or similar I probably won't be returning, which is a shame because the first visit was exceptional .

3  Thank KyleAsh91
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner got the stay and dine deal for 129 pounds. We arrived late in the evening, were shown to a lovely room with a nice shower, comfy bed and nice views. It was a family room so the upstairs was unused.

We went down to the bar for a drink, a pint and a gin - lovely, and we enjoyed it in the bar area. We were seated for dinner, where we enjoyed our complimentary bottle of prosecco and 3 course meal. The starters were delicious (fish cakes and black pudding), the mains good (steak and fish and chips) although I wished I’d had the sea bass! Finally we had sticky toffee pudding and brownie for desert.

We finished the drinks back in the bar and then went up to our room. We had a lovely nights sleep, and got up early for breakfast as it was threatening to snow and we wanted to get a head start on our journey back. My partner had a full English and I had eggs and smoked salmon. Again delicious.

For the price of what we paid, we thought it was a brilliant bargain and would come again! It also seems a gorgeous wedding venue.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Came here as a group of 4 for an evening meal.we have not been since the change of ownership but we were left very disappointed. We had been seated for 20 mins and had to alert staff to the fact that we would like to order drinks. It then took 15 mins for the drinks to arrive. Again we had to alert staff when we wanted to order food, the waiter was unsure of what dishes came with what and he had to keep going back and forth to ask others. We found the menu lacking and much preferred the old menu with its lovely choices and specials. The food when it arrived seemed on the small portion side and we had to keep asking different staff for condiments, side dishes and cutlery . When it came to ordering desserts we again were faced with yet another different waiter who was unfamiliar with the menu and had to keep going and asking others. They had run out of a lot of their special ice creams so one of our party ended up with one scoop rather than the 3 she ordered and we were still charged for 3. I think what added to the problems with our service was that we were served by somebody different every time , I don’t think we saw the same waiter twice , it added to the fact that no one seemed to know what they were doing . We were also not asked if we enjoyed our meal or if everything was ok so were unable to give any feedback.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2018

My husband and I visited the Fleece about 18 months ago for lunch and although a touch pricey the food and service were very good. However, his last saturday the 10th March we went as a party of 14 for a birthday celebration. We enjoyed the company and made the most of things. BUT, the service was exceedingly slow, there was a wedding party on but that should not have affected the rest of the dining if sufficient staff were employed. The main problem was the quality of the food, at the prices charged the food should have been top notch it was mediocre and the smallest portions we have had from a restaurant in a long time. As an example I had a starter of lobster and crab cake which was basically all potato and had not sign of fish in it. My main was Hake which was cooked ok but a very small piece (I'm not a big eater btw) a very small fondant potato and the tiniest helping of spinach which looked like a garnish. All the guests on our table were unimpressed we were never asked if everything was ok (I wonder why?) and we did not complain as this was a birthday celebration and we did not want to upset the birthday girl. If we had complained it would have been from most of us as I heard the majority complaining to each other. Come on The Fleece book your ideas up I certainly won't be visiting again in the near future as probably the rest of our party?

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Having been a very regular visitor in the past but not since the change of ownership,it was disappointing to see that it has fallen back.
The restaurant was quiet but we waited for about ten minutes before a staff member came for drink orders ,which also took time to arrive. A key attraction in the past was that even when very busy the staff were efficient,speedy and keen,not so now.
The menu is broadly similar but the grill offer of steaks and house wine ,offered by most other local venues has been removed. Overall the perceived value has diminished and when asked how the food was we said ok but not good we received an"oh sorry " comment.
Hope it was just an off night as we live close by but not tempted to give it another go,which is a shame !

1  Thank Rodney S