“Good salsa, but that's it”
Review of Isla Cozumel

Isla Cozumel
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Urbandale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 October 2015

Upon our first visit to Isla Cozumel, the salsa was good. Between the two of us, our lunches were not warm, generally tasteless to bad tasting. I was unable to finish my lunch meal. This must be a one and done based on this experience.

I was drawn in to try the restaurant by the number of good reviews. In this case, the reviews must be based on another chef or something else. Based on the small lunch crowd the day we visited on October 1, others have decided not to frequent the restaurant either.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Tucked away in a shopping/business center. Not super busy. Food was good (i had Caldo De Pollo, chicken soup), flavor was excellent. However all our meals were warm, not hot. A bit dated inside. Wait staff friendly. Free chips/salsa. Good margaritas!

Reviewed 10 May 2015

This was excellent Mexican food. We had the Camarones Chipotle and Chimingas. Our waitress was very attentive bring us more chips/salsa and drinks without asking. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

Our food was out to us within a few minutes of ordering. Service was great as our glasses were never empty and the food was definitely authentic. I would recommend to anybody wanting something that is not a chain restaurant.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

We were in the area and hungry for Mexican so decided to try Isla Cozumel. We were early birds so we were immediately seated in comfortable booths (normally my husband HATES booths but he found these to be very pleasing). Additionally, the Mexican style music that was softly playing helped set the mood for our dinner. Our server quickly brought us chips and salsa. If I were to offer any complaint it would be that the chips weren't warm but that is the only very minor down side. We each ordered a margarita~his blended, mine on the rocks. They were well priced ~ $6.25 for 28 oz glass ~ and very good. I ordered Camarones Rancheros (14 shrimp with Rancheros sauce) and my husband ordered El Maya (slices of rib eye steak topped with onions and green peppers which were fresh and a beautiful, bright green color). Each meal was accompanied with rice, warm tortillas, and shaved lettuce with sour cream. I enjoyed my shrimp entree but my husband enjoyed his much more, repeatedly saying "man this is good". A coupon helped us make the decision to try Isla Cozumel but the food, friendly staff, good prices, and pleasant atmosphere will bring us back.

Been to Isla Cozumel? Share your experiences!