“Good food, nice staff”

Viva La Bamba
Ranked #22 of 95 Restaurants in Urbandale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Viva is a regular haunt for my hubby and I. We always get the fajitas jalisco because it is my absolute favorite. The dinner combos are a good value, too, and very tasty. They have other specialty dishes enjoyed by other family members. And you can't beat the blended margaritas.
Most of the staff is friendly, especially Rico and Javey. If you want to eat where the locals hang out, then give Viva a try.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Service was very fast and friendly. I had the fajitas with chorizo, chicken, and steak. So flavorful! The kids loved the topping bar for their ice cream. The only thing we didn't care for was the guacamole.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We alway go here GREAT service, fast, love the Via margarita! Reasonably price. The fajitas are to die for, love the street tacos too.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

It was a good dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I had to go look for the host and seat us. The booth was small and table not big enough for four adults.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Went there for dinner tonight and was very pleased. The service was friendly and prompt, the food was great, and my companion and I plan further visits. I had the Shrimp Chile Rellenos which was very good, my companion had the Tacos al Pastor and was equally impressed. Our server was Coby, and he was great. If you're looking for 5 star Mexican, this isn't it, but if you're looking for good, filling Mexican food several notches above the usual taco/nacho/burrito/enchilada fast food, Viva is worth the visit.

Been to Viva La Bamba? Share your experiences!