“Best Sushi in Des Moines area!!!”
Review of Appare

Appare
Ranked #23 of 93 Restaurants in Urbandale
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Sushi is my favorite food and I absolutely LOVE Appare!!! The atmosphere is great & the staff is very friendly!

I live about an hour from this restaurant but every time I come to the Des Moines area I either eat here or I call in a carry out order to take home!

My favorites:
Spicy Maki Combo
Las Vegas Roll

Reviewed 21 May 2016

The atmosphere is wonderful, the waiter was great. Food was good but overpriced for a noon meal on the weekend.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

To explain how good this restaurant is I need to begin by saying that we were taking our relatives from the San Francisco Bay area out to dinner. They were skeptical and made faces about going to a Japanese restaurant in Iowa. But WOW did their expressions change on seeing and tasting the food. Everyone was happy and enjoyed their meals and shared taste samples from each others plates. The evening could not have been nicer or yummier. Iowa Japanese restaurants can beat the west coast! I love Appare.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We arrived around 7 on 12.30.15, the night before New Year's Eve. I don't think they were expecting the entire restaurant to fill up, but it did. This is a huge restaurant. We sat at the sushi bar.

There were 2 servers, 2 sushi chefs, and the manager who I believe was bar tending. Our first glasses of wine were a bit slow coming, but after that there were no problems. I think the people who were not sitting at the sushi bar were waiting a long time for their food based on the number of sushi orders popping out of the machine.

However, the food was incredible and the prices very reasonable. The red tuna was so very deep red - and in the middle of IA! We usually stop here on our way back and forth up I35 and again, the experience was really good. I don't think someone siting in the restaurant area of the sushi bar would have had the same experience as there really were not enough servers to adequately handle the volume. I think one more sushi chef would have been good as well. The servers did not get too frustrated and the sushi chefs just kept cranking out the orders.

The Sexy Salmon was incredible as was the (I believe it is called) Firehouse roll. All sashimi was excellent.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

This sushi is superior! I love it! Great ambiance and nice little Japanese Steakhouse!

The V Roll and the squid salad - to die for!!

ENJOY!