All reviewsdes moinesshower and toiletserving guestshot breakfast itemsseparate sitting areascrambled eggsfresh fruitjordan creek mallevening managertv standfront desk attendantperkins restaurantwhirlpool suiterefrigerator and microwavegreat stopseparate roomsking bed
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Jennifer at the front desk was friendly, warm and enthusiastic about serving guests.

The room was comfortable with updated and colorful decor. Oddly, the bathroom did not have a fan although there appeared to be a space for it. This meant that the walls, tile, and finishings were worn from too much moisture over time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Abid T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for their not being a bathroom fan in your bathroom. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure this is corrected moving forward.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This hotel has potential...the rooms are nice and spacious but need some updating. The Bathrooms really need updating. The Lobby looks like it has been updated and the breakfast was nice. Coffee was good.

Stayed: December 2017
Abid T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies that the hotel did not meet to your full expectations. We will be having a complete renovation at the end of the year 2018. We hope to see you in the future after our renovation is complete.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second stay. We found nice updates including spacious breakfast area and hot breakfast items! If you like, Perkins is right next door. Great location off highway with Jordan creek mall down the road.
Friendly desk receptionist and clean hotel. Elevator access planned nicely to outside doors.
We had a whirlpool suite. Keep in mind shower is pretty small in these, but shower head is high enough, so no scrunching down which was nice. iPod docking next to bed.
My husband found the new mattress too firm and woke with a backache, it wasn't an issue for me. We had a great stay second time around. Enjoyed Northern Lights pizza --not far!! and Texas Roadhouse for dinner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response. I am happy that your stay was good. We hope to see you in the future the next time your travels bring you back to West Des Moines, Iowa.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving to the Springhill Suites by Marriott, we arrived at 10:15 pm and could not find a desk clerk for approximately 30 minutes. There is nothing like wanting to take a nice long, hot shower after a long car ride. We were greeted to no soap, shampoo, dirty glasses and mysterious dirt in the lounge chair. We went down to breakfast the next morning at 9:03. We had fixed our plates, but they had taken away the silverware, refusing to give us a spoon for the yogurt. The coffee was terrible and there wasn’t any creamer left. If we could give this place a 1/2 star we would

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Abid T, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize that no one was there to greet you at the front desk, no shampoo and dirty glasses in the room and the dirty lounge chair. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue. Upholding my commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service. We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to West Des Moines.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Very conviient location and easy to get to off of the 80. Staff were very helpful when I checked in. The room was huge. I stayed on the second floor room 223 and had a very large desk where I could do some computer work. also had a sofa with nice size TV stand type table where I could comfortable sit and have a snack while catching up on the latest news on TV Bed was really comfortable. i gave it a 4 instead of a 5 for two reasons. Their pool and the shower my my room. The pool was not open and that was one of the reasons I picked the hotel. The shower water never got hot. It reached tepid at the best. I did let the front desk know about the shower. Thee breakfast was excellent. Fresh fruit, oatmeal, eggs and sausage along with bagels, croissants and nut bread. Could not have asked for a better selection for breakfast. Ii would stay here again, even with the tepid shower.

Room Tip: Really quiet even though close to freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I sincerely apologize that our pool was not in operation during your stay, we had an issue over the weekend that caused our pool to be shut down temporarily while we addressed the problem. We have also addressed the issue with the water temperature of your room. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the future the next time your travels take you through West Des Moines.