“sushi lovers, yes you can find sushi in iowa!”
Review of Sakura Sushi

Sakura Sushi
Ranked #29 of 277 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Reviewed 9 July 2015

My husband loves sushi, i can't eat fish. I have taken him here, and he really likes it. Very good sushi for Iowa, very fresh tasting and lots of options. When we went they were understaffed, but the staff they did have was very good.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

We live nearby, and go there often. It's a tiny place, so from the outside you wouldn't tell how great the food is. The staff is super friendly, and we felt welcome from the word go. By now, this is our second kitchen - the place we go when we don't feel like cooking.

The prices at Sakura are quite reasonable. At lunch it's even better - try the sushi Bento box, it's great. The sushi rolls are light (not too much rice) and the special rolls are very tasty. Strongly recommended!

Reviewed 14 February 2015

Not bad for lunch. We need to go back for dinner and try some of the specialty rolls. Many sounded really good. We were in a hurry for lunch so opted for the 2 roll lunch special with a Spicy Crab and Yellowtail roll. They were good, but it's hard to impress me with those basic rolls. We would return if in the area again to try something more exciting. And, yes... the Miso soup was really good, as another review pointed out.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

This place doesn't look like much on the outside but the food is really good. They have a $20 all you can eat Sushi special on Mondays and I had my first sushi one Monday night. They ordered dishes are very good also. The ginger dressing on the lettuce was excellent!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My mouth is watering just thinking about this place. The sushi is amazing and wonderfully priced. This place is a hidden gem in a strip mall. I would have never gone there if it weren't recommended. I'm glad it decided to try it out. I can't what to go back!