US$116
Hampton.com
Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$109
Hampton.com
Hyatt Place West Des Moines/Jordan Creek(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$98
Element West Des Moines(West Des Moines)
US$144
Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines(West Des Moines)
US$120
US$159
Homewood
West Des Moines Marriott(West Des Moines)
US$129
  • Pool
US$110
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
US$103
GardenInn.com
US$120
US$109
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2017

This place is full of what appear to be longterm residents, most appear to be living on SSI / disability, who actually live in this disgusting place.
There isn't much else to say, other than, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Looking for a good room, here's my tip -- DON'T STAY HERE
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank HesterMofet
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I was hoping the reviews I read were wrong....unfortunately I was the wrong one!!! Checking in was fine and the desk clerk was actually very helpful.....BUT.....room #1 had no heat and it was single digits outside plus the tv was sooo small it was ridiculous, so I called the desk and she said to meet her at room#2. She proceeded to check that things were working properly..no go there. The fan on the heater was knocking so loud we would have had no rest at all. Moving on to a different floor and room#3 she put us in a room with one bed. Would that be ok? Yes, the thing was the bed was ALL it had. No chair, desk, and not even a phone to call the desk and complain but since we were in town for a family funeral we were going to go with it anyway....that was until we were leaving and the door to the room would not lock!! Not leaving my stuff in an unlocked room.....sooooo on to room#4!! FINALLY, a room that was mostly acceptable. Seemed that maybe it was newly remodeled. There were a few minor things but acceptable. I will say I am concerned about what my credit card bill will say as I read something about a $100 deposit for cleaning?? Hope that is not on there as the room with all the updates still smelled bad like it was probably previously a smoking room.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Spent one week here on business with nine rooms. Good size rooms great location. Nice pool area but not working at this time. Great tv and Wi-Fi. Dog friendly and big parking lot. The management is very nice and helpful.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Wow where to start...$72.00 and would have been upset paying $27.00...It is an old hotel..Pool was broke,nowhere to eat breakfast, they did have a canter filled with cold coffee, the bed was worn and very uncomfortable, impossible to get more than two towels, one bar of soap, half a roll of toilet paper and no chance of getting more..front desk was empty more than actually working, carpets are old dingy and dirty, tied to watch tv from the bed but hard to see the 27 incher from across the room...save your money or go to another hotel....on the positive side there was a cute puppy in the lobby

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tiredme2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I never know what to expect at one of these old full-service hotels that's become a limited-service property. They often have confusing floor plans, unused banquet facilities, big pools, open stairways and creaky elevators, and an appealing quirkiness. Valley West Inn had nearly all these attributes in spades, but the quirkiness quickly lost its appeal.

We had booked a weekend night at a reasonable but not outstanding rate for the market; I usually prefer to stay at an independent or local chain all things being equal. The first hint of trouble came when the rate on the registration slip was too high. The desk clerk had to sweat over it for a while, but eventually came back with a corrected registration which stated the total room cost including tax as the room rate. He was actually quite conscientious about it, and I signed and figured I'd work it out in the morning.

The room was on the 3rd floor and not too far from the elevator, but getting our bags there was a bit of an effort. The outside door would not open for either of our keys so somebody had to hold the door open each time we went to the parking lot. The elevator did not deposit guests at the same level as the rooms, so exiting on 3 you had the choice of walking up or down a half-flight of stairs to get to a room. Our key cards worked on the room door about half the time. We kept swapping keys to see which one worked better, but there was no pattern.

The room itself was quite spacious, furnishings were rather old and not well cared for- we had a table and chairs, but the tabletop threatened to fall off and the table legs were uneven. Some light bulbs were burned out, the bathroom fan sounded like a jet engine at full throttle. There was only 1 small trash can for the big room.

A walk around the property nearly got me lost in a maze of half-flight stairways, exits to the outside or another part of the building, or dead ends. I passed the laundry twice, saw the pool at a distance but never located the door to it, and was sure I was on the second floor when I unexpectedly passed my room on the third.

That was actually the fun, "quirky" part I enjoy about these hotels. The restaurant appears to be permanently closed, and they don't use the facilities to offer the expected continental breakfast. I had given up on finding a working ice machine, but my wife went in a different direction and came back with ice.

Back in the room, the shower temperature and pressure were fine, and towels few but decent. I slept fine on the pillow-top mattress, with a few noise issues in the morning (employees? gathered in the parking lot playing music), but no light penetrating the dark curtains. At check out I saw that the rate had been fixed overnight to work out to the correct final total. I left disappointed that this hotel didn't live up to its potential, and will probably turn to the chains again next time I'm on this side of Des Moines.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family