“Good food in the midst of tourist traps”
Review of Lisboa Ha Mesa

Lisboa Ha Mesa
Ranked #317 of 7,384 Restaurants in Lisbon District
Price range: US$12 - US$59
Cuisines: Portuguese, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Very high quality restaurant. Serious quality food, based on Portuguese dishes and grilled.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our first day in Lisbon we ended up in this part of the city. A lot of people on the street trying to draw you in. Menu cards in 10 different languages. Got a tourist trap vibe in this street, when we stumbled upon this restaurant. Great food and definitely recommended

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My friend and I stopped in to Lisboa Ha Mesa after our first full day in Lisbon, and eating at another Portuguese cuisine spot the night before.

Compared to the other restaurants in the area (Chiado) that line the pedestrian areas, the Ha Mesa was a little bit more expensive. But having eaten at a pretty inexpensive place the night before, the difference in quality between any of the other restaurants in the area and the Ha Mesa is marked.

My friend had the octopus and said it was the best he ever had before. I had the cod fritters and tomato rice, and these both were very good as well.

The woman chef also came out and asked us how our food was, which was also nice.

I'd recommend the Ha Mesa as a standout in a sea of Portuguese restaraunts in Chiado.

1  Thank Alden-from-Chicago
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I fell in love with this place. A young, outgoing and fun loving staff made it worth returning. Their ease with languages made it a fuller experience. The food was better than nearby places and cheaper in cost. A cosy environment in the bar and restaurant made all feel comfortable. Casual dress allowed.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

What a great place for QUALITY food ! A little bit more expensive than other places we have eat at, but definitely with the money ! Great wine, great service and great quality of food ! Would recommend this to any of my friends, family or colleagues !

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

A very good and not a touristy place in a quite touristy location. The servings are generous and we could hardly finish all. Cod is excellent