“Very good updates!”

Highland Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Reviewed 5 November 2014

We booked several rooms for a weekend wedding. The rooms were very nice and clean. The managers and desk clerks were very helpful and always willing to assist us in any way. Thank you for the fine service!

Room Tip: We had inside dome rooms and were very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Highland Hotel and Convention Center

Reviewed 2 October 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when he was here doing some business in Great Bend. We had made a last minute reservation at this hotel after being recommended to it by a friend who is from Great Bend, and at first, we were a bit weary because of the reviews it had received. But we went with our friends' advice and took a leap of faith. We're glad we did, because our stay here was not as bad or as chaotic as other fellow reviewers had.

While the hotel is definitely in need of some major updating, as the facilities are quite dated, it is clean. We got a great deal to stay in a large room so no complaining there. The only problem was the AC did not seem to work, which made the nights less pleasant. This is coming from someone who is used to high and humid temperatures during the summer, so I can't imagine how others were feeling!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights last month. The hotel is definitely dated, and you can tell renovations are taking place, but still haven't been concluded. Thankfully, our stay did not meet with any major unfortunate happenings. Our room was clean and spacious. We did encounter some problems with the internet/wifi not working though.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2014

Stayed at this hotel last month when I was in Great Bend and the experience overall was alright. We had not made a reservation beforehand so check-in was a little slow. Thankfully, we found a room, and a big one for that matter. The rooms were good enough for the price we paid and most importantly, clean. There was a problem with the A/C one night though.

The hotel is in a good location and if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep like I did then it's okay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank James M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A one night stay here and was very disappointed in what seemed like a very old and poorly kept property. At one time, this was a nice place to stay but that went by the wayside over 20 years ago. I understand that there is new ownership and I hope they will make the many improvements needed. I had three rooms, one for myself and two for other family members, and none of us had much good to say about it. From the time I stepped from my auto and there was a pile of dog crap on the grass in front of my room until leaving, I was not happy. The toilet worked very slow and the air conditioner temperature control was broken. The new owners seem very nice but they need to make the improvements needed to succeed The only positive is that the room was clean, Thank Goodness. That is all that kept me from a worse score.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family