“New owners coming, hope they gut it!”

Highland Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Was in town for business, not sure how I ended up here but I did not make arrangements. This place was probably awesome in 1988 and nothing has been done since then. The room was clean but in bad need of repairs and maintenance. I think maybe four rooms were occupied for the night which was creepy. The sheets were maybe 200 thread count, pillows terrible, mattress worse. I don't think my air worked, it's debatable.
The staff was nice and I hope for thier sake the new owners gut this place and do a major remodel. The name is changing so be on the lookout for that. I'd wait a year or more before even thinking nof staying here again. A local apologized to me that I stayed here, that isn't a good sign.
It was clean, just worn down. If you need a place to crash for the night I'm sure a room is rather affordable.

Room Tip: Watch for name change and hopefully renovations
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Highland Hotel and Convention Center

Reviewed 2 March 2015

We had an excellent stay here during our bird excursion in Kansas. The hotel is quite big and has great facilities, and the staff is very kind and helpful. We stayed in the outside dome and the rooms we got were quite spacious and clean. Probably the best value for your money in this city.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2014

We booked several rooms for a weekend wedding. The rooms were very nice and clean. The managers and desk clerks were very helpful and always willing to assist us in any way. Thank you for the fine service!

Room Tip: We had inside dome rooms and were very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when he was here doing some business in Great Bend. We had made a last minute reservation at this hotel after being recommended to it by a friend who is from Great Bend, and at first, we were a bit weary because of the reviews it had received. But we went with our friends' advice and took a leap of faith. We're glad we did, because our stay here was not as bad or as chaotic as other fellow reviewers had.

While the hotel is definitely in need of some major updating, as the facilities are quite dated, it is clean. We got a great deal to stay in a large room so no complaining there. The only problem was the AC did not seem to work, which made the nights less pleasant. This is coming from someone who is used to high and humid temperatures during the summer, so I can't imagine how others were feeling!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights last month. The hotel is definitely dated, and you can tell renovations are taking place, but still haven't been concluded. Thankfully, our stay did not meet with any major unfortunate happenings. Our room was clean and spacious. We did encounter some problems with the internet/wifi not working though.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple