Highland Hotel and Convention Center
US$68
US$54
US$118
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Travelers Budget Inn(Great Bend)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$72
RodewayInn
US$42
TripAdvisor
Lyons Inn(Lyons)
US$58
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We reserved this hotel online mainly because of the indoor pool. I was traveling with my grandson and that was his main requirement.

We drove past wondering if that was the place. The parking lot was almost empty. We checked in no problem and hit the pool. The pool was as expected. The hot tub was a bit cool for my liking but acceptable. We had the place to ourselves. In fact I only saw 1 other person the whole time. My grandson had looked out the window and said he saw another.

The restaurant was closed. There was a sign they were not serving the continental breakfast.

The place looked a bit worn. There was a small hole in the carpet in our room. It was clean and the price was right. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

I came to Great Bend for training and booked a room at the Highland Hotel...also, called the Parkside Hotel. I tried to connect to the WiFi several times before calling the front desk. The response was that it was working at the front desk, but she could get someone here tomorrow. I have training then, and need WiFi now. I bought microwave popcorn to eat while I worked. The microwave didn't work. The good news...she can get me one in the morning. Yes, when I have training. The Highland/Parkside is also a convention center, but I can't imagine booking a convention here.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2015

They have been renovating rooms (just ask for one) and try mine (#127 inside) was Great... smelled like a clean hotel room, Coffee/microwave/fridgette all in working order, carpet/upholstery clean, bathroom clean, sheets smelled freshly laundered, room nicely appointed for sitting and sleeping, pool area clean and clear water.
Only bad points:
No Breakfast...
Could not get any good lasting WiFi signal in the room, but the hotel computer in the lobby was fast for directions and reserving a hotel in the next city on my Road Trip....

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 9 November 2015

This room isn't just the cheapest in town it was also very comfortable! No where in town can you stay in a hotel with a pool.. yes you heard a pool for a 39.00 dollar rate for the room!!! The room was very clean it may not be upgraded but it is a great value for your buck!!! Their are many reviews about this hotel in bad conditions but they expect the presidential suite for 39.00 dollars! Come on people be reasonable!! Over all I do recommend this hotel!! The staff is very friendly and the rooms are great!!!

Room Tip: Get the inside rooms although they are a lil more they are worth it!!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank SarahJAyala
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

What can one say...I had read recent reviews and they seemed to think the hotel was better, beware-it's not!

Went to the hot tub, it was same temperature as pool and sauna did not work either. There was stuff floating in the hot tub that looked like pieces of ceiling tile, which several were missing.

Everything just seemed dirty.

The room:
Bed was ok. Since we couldn't enjoy the hottub, we went back to the room to soak in a hot bath yo which we found the tub stopper did not work. I finally had to take a platic bag and fold it over several times to get it to hold water in the tub.

Then this morning about 8 you hear a container being pushed by the door outside with a chain on it, so much for being able to sleep in.

Overall, very disappointed after 11 hrs of travel!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends