“Are they even open? ”

and 1 more site!
Highland Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I tried to reach this hotel close to my booking date & never got a call through. I made sure trip advisor canceled my reservation. Called other hotels in town. They never came out and said it plainly, but this place is a dump, to say it politely.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I don't care how late it is, I don't care how tired you are, go elsewhere. Common area lights burned out, room smelled like someones basement. Slept, more or less, with my gun nearby. Nothing happened but it was a very scary place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hekjlk1969
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We reserved this hotel online mainly because of the indoor pool. I was traveling with my grandson and that was his main requirement.

We drove past wondering if that was the place. The parking lot was almost empty. We checked in no problem and hit the pool. The pool was as expected. The hot tub was a bit cool for my liking but acceptable. We had the place to ourselves. In fact I only saw 1 other person the whole time. My grandson had looked out the window and said he saw another.

The restaurant was closed. There was a sign they were not serving the continental breakfast.

The place looked a bit worn. There was a small hole in the carpet in our room. It was clean and the price was right. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

I came to Great Bend for training and booked a room at the Highland Hotel...also, called the Parkside Hotel. I tried to connect to the WiFi several times before calling the front desk. The response was that it was working at the front desk, but she could get someone here tomorrow. I have training then, and need WiFi now. I bought microwave popcorn to eat while I worked. The microwave didn't work. The good news...she can get me one in the morning. Yes, when I have training. The Highland/Parkside is also a convention center, but I can't imagine booking a convention here.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2015

They have been renovating rooms (just ask for one) and try mine (#127 inside) was Great... smelled like a clean hotel room, Coffee/microwave/fridgette all in working order, carpet/upholstery clean, bathroom clean, sheets smelled freshly laundered, room nicely appointed for sitting and sleeping, pool area clean and clear water.
Only bad points:
No Breakfast...
Could not get any good lasting WiFi signal in the room, but the hotel computer in the lobby was fast for directions and reserving a hotel in the next city on my Road Trip....

Stayed: December 2015