“Comfy Beds, Friendly Service”

Econo Lodge Junction City - Ft. Riley
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We stayed at this Econo Lodge in Junction City and found it nice. The rooms were not the most beautifully decorated but they were clean, and that is more important to me. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The owners were gracious and helpful. The breakfast was pretty simple - Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops, milk, orange juice, coffee, apples, and pastries. It would've been nice to have another fruit offered, possibly bananas, and some protein for breakfast like hardboiled eggs. But, overall, for the money it was a very restful night, with friendly hosts and something to put in your tummy in the morning. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a good review. we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The sty at the Econo lodge was very enjoyable and pleasant. The hotel workers were all cordial and friendly and exceptionally helpful. The room was vey clean and and well kept with attention to detail. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan continued use of the hotel here and the associated hotels on the road when traveling.

Room Tip: first floor rooms are nicer
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 19 May 2017

Thank you so much. take your time to do review

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The room came with everything it needed. There were no issues and everything worked fine! I would stay again if needed! I checked in at about midnight and was able to check in easily. It provided a decent breakfast and I was also able to use the wifi after check out in the lobby. Awesome place!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank temiohe
Management response:Responded 11 May 2017

Dear Guest Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, we really appreciate it. Thanks once again for the good comments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Would not stay here again. Lady on front desk was rude from the point of check in. We had checked in online for one queen bed as the rate was cheaper than two beds. We were on a budget and just staying one night. She seemed irritated that two women would share a queen bed and questioned me twice and said, "You two are sharing a bed?" I said yes and it went south from there. This should have been our clue to keep going. Toilet not flushing properly and overflowed. She came in and plunged it leaving all the wet towels in the bathroom and did not mop after overflow. (She also plunged with the seat down.) There were two bath towels. We asked for two more. Again, the lady on front desk was very rude and said, "two people, two towels." Then she went on to say, "I saw with my eyes you have two towels." (She was the one who plunged toilet and left wet towels shoved behind toilet.) I never said we didn't have two towels. Ladies tend to like a towel for their hair and one for their body. The towels were not plush or very big, so my friend and I just wanted two extras for showering. I said, you're kidding, right? She said, "No, I will NOT give you two towels." I didn't even ask her to remove the wet towels they left pushed behind the toilet. We just wanted to clean up and LEAVE! The only plus side was the young lady that was cleaning the rooms was very nice. I rated the cleanliness poor due to the way the toilet situation was handled by the lady on the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 April 2017

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way home from vacation. The lobby has a strange odor, which should have been a sign. The room was very dated and also had a strange odor. All the rooms on the floor were non-smoking, yet the hallway reeked of smoke. The beds are rock hard and the pillows are worthless. There is a surge protector mounted on the wall with every outlet in use, including the microwave. The tub had mold and the bathroom vent was filthy. There was no way any of us were taking a shower there. Breakfast consisted of stale donuts, stale bread to make toast, and sugary cereal. Only two tables and five chairs in the breakfast area. We got up early and got out of there, laundering literally everything when we got home. I guess you get what you pay for, but never again for us!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family