“Baby Back Ribs”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Woodyard BBQ is situated in an old house in an old working woodyard. There is an awesome outdoor brick patio with our brick smoker adjacent. This is combined with a cool wooden deck, an inside room with AC and heat and our BRAND new beer garden. This place is the real deal. Come say hi!
Reviewed 11 June 2016

It is a quick hop off of 35 to Woodyard. Making it an easy stop if you are traveling. I really enjoyed the Baby Back ribs. We visited on a holiday weekend and were lucky we arrived earlier in the day as they were selling out and closing early.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Not a great choice very popular long line and meat was tough and chewy and was just passible considering all of the other good BBQ in the area

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Woodyard has great bar-be-que in a quaint old house. I love being able to sit outside in the yard. We also get all of our firewood from them.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I get the opportunity to eat at Woodyard on a pretty regular occasion as I work in the area. You get to walk past the pit when walking through the front door of the place, which really gets you hungry for some BBQ. You place your order at the front, then they bring your food to you. My favorite dish here is the brisket. It is fantastic. Cooked very tender, and exceptionally juicy and well flavored. The ribs are also good as are the burnt ends. They also have burnt end chili which I have had, and is great. This is definitely a great place to get some good BBQ.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This place is up there with Oklahoma Joe's and Jack Stack. Their sauce is very good which is key to me and the meats are cooked just right. I haven't tried everything but the fries and coleslaw are great too. With no wait its easy to pick this over OK Joe's. I like the roadside shack BBQ joint charm of it, and this place has some great outdoors seating as well. Way better than most BBQ in KC and I've tried most of it. Up there with the best if its not better than them. Definitely worth a visit for anyone.

1  Thank djluckydragon