“WAKE UP MANAGEMENT”
Review of Blue Moose

Blue Moose
Ranked #59 of 351 Restaurants in Lawrence
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Description: For more than 16 years, the Blue Moose brand has endeavored to be the finest upscale-casual restaurant in the neighborhood. We remain dedicated to providing a friendly staff who serves hand-crafted cocktails and delicious fare from our scratch menus. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where our guests feel comfortable, worry-free and at home when visiting. Blue Moose is the perfect place to meet friends and family in the neighborhood! Wine and dine, or have a beer and cheer! We offer weekly Sunday brunch with a beautiful and tasty buffet, opening at 10am. Daily lunch specials, including all you can eat Fish & Chips on Fridays! Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4 to 6pm. Don't miss our thirsty Thursday all day special - $2 and $2.50 beers, or our Tuesday Wine Special - 10 select bottles for only $10. We have a private space perfect for receptions, wedding events, graduations, company dinners, family events, watch parties, birthday parties, happy hours, luncheons-and more!
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First off we like the place. The food is always good. Great vibe. But service is bad and I blame it on management local and corp wake up. We go to Easter brunch 1pm reservation seated promptly. Took for ever for the server to come over when she came over she had a balled up cocktail napkin in her hand. Unballed it and set it in the middle of or table got are drink order and walked off.Did not ask us if we were there for the buffett did not ask us anything. So we took it upon our selves to track down another server and ask, she was very helpful. The buffett was good but utter chaos. Could not keep enough food on it in a timley manner. People waiting in line just for the mac and cheese so people waited three times in line and they still ran out. I wanted shrimp and smoked salmon we were told they ran out. Management this is Easter you should have ordered 5 times what you needed and have a blow out spl during the week or send some home as a kind jseter with your employees if you get stuck with leftovers. Back to our server she should have just stayed home. She never gave us water we had to ask we had to ask to have drinks filled plane and simple we had to ask for everything. BlueMoose you are making it harder and harder for us to keep returning.

Carolina P, Manager at Blue Moose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Steve, we just want to let you know that your feedback is truly valuable to us and the issues you mentioned will be addressed. Thank you so much for helping us learn how we can do better for our amazing customers.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We got together for lunch at Blue Moose and enjoyed our meal. The server was friendly and the menu had a lot to offer.
I went back later for dinner with an other group and we were all pleased with the place - and we had the same waiter.

Carolina P, Manager at Blue Moose, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much for dining with us, Robert!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We went back to the Blue Moose and were less happy than we were in October. The Happy Hour well drinks were weaker than they were on our earlier visit; the bar service was not as slow, though. We ordered the 5 oz. filet steaks ($15.99) and they did not disappoint. But the sides did. On our prior visit, the creamed cauliflower side dish was a bit on the small side, but tasty. This time, there was about a tablespoon of gluelike stuff stuck to the plate under the steak, not resembling or tasting like creamed anything. The side of broccoli that we ordered was actually rancid, and we had to send it back. Instead, we got some tasty asparagus. The french fries ordered by another diner were very good.

Carolina P, Manager at Blue Moose, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback about your experience with us. We appreciate your continuous support and just wanted to let you know we'll be working on the issues you have mentioned. We hope you stop in again soon and let us know how we do!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We selected the Blue Moose Bar & Grill in Lawrence, Kansas 1st because it is a new restaurant to try on the west side of Lawrence, and 2nd because we are KCHopps members. We have discovered that the Blue Moose Bar & Grills that we have visited are fairly consistent in their menu and food preparation. This is "bar" food, so I don't rank it with fine dining, but I know that both the service and the food will be good and reasonably priced, plus, the menu is diverse.

My husband ordered Fish & Chips with 2 large pieces of flaky white fish. I wish we had asked to know the type of white fish, but we failed to ask. The pieces were large and thick with flaky fish (maybe Cod?). He selected the coleslaw for his side. I ordered the Carne Asada Tacos which consists of 2 soft corn tacos filled with marinated steak and cabbage, lettuce combination of filling. The tacos are served with black beans and seasoned rice. I have ordered this entrée at the Blue Moose Bar & Grill in Topeka and both servings were consistent, so I feel it safe to say "Where's the Beef?" Each taco consists of 2 light corn tortillas with the filling. There were 2 small strips of grilled steak in each taco. Each strip of steak was about 2" long. The grilled steak flavor was very nice, but the lack of steak in the taco is very disappointing. It has a nice flavor, but a lot of tortilla and filling with not much meat. The beans and flavored rice were good.

Service was friendly and attentive. There was a very large family group near our table, about 18 to 20 people, so we had to wait a little bit for our food to be served, but that was OK because our food was hot when it was brought to us. I also noticed that the entire wait staff was recruited to serve the prepared food to this table all at the same time. This impressed me because of the efficiency of delivery. All of the guests at the table received their food at the same time. It was very organized and efficient. Good job, management. That told me that the staff respects its customers' needs and worked to please this large group.

Our server, Hannah was very attentive and helpful with my questions about the KCHopps app on my phone. I used the KCHopps card in the past, so Hannah showed me how easy it was to use the app. She kept our beverages replenished and checked on us frequently.

My only issue with this restaurant is that it is very noisy. It is a large restaurant with a lot of hard surfaces. Installation of baffles might help reduce some of the sound. I could hear the conversations of the people sitting in the booth behind me more clearly than the person sitting in my booth across from me. It is a bar however, so perhaps I should not expect more.

Carolina P, Manager at Blue Moose, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. Our Fish & Chips are made of cape capensis. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your meals and service! We appreciate your recommendations and hope you stop in for a visit again soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I met some family here for dinner and drinks. We were there two and a half hours. I'm not sure if they're trying to promote a laid back vibe or what the deal is. The staff was nice, just not extremely attentive or have any sense of urgency. Once the food finally arrived it was amazing. Everything we were served was fresh and delicious!

Carolina P, Manager at Blue Moose, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hey Ashley, we're are so grateful you and your family dined with us. Thank you for letting us know about the service you received, we'll be sure to work on that. We're delighted to hear you found your meals delicious and hope you stop in again soon!