“Excellent food and wine”
Review of Harry's Restaurant

Harry's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 198 Restaurants in Manhattan
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th St
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Great place for business or romantic dinner. It is a must do in Manhattan. Very tastefully done but not arrogant or haughty. Food is excellent. Wine selection is great too.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Harry's is a must stop for fine dining in a casual setting in Manhattan. The decor pulls you back to an earlier era and is tastefully done. The food was very good. I enjoyed the bisque soup with just a little bit of zing. The scallops for a main meal were delicious. Our dessert was shared and was an excellent raspberry pastry with ice cream. We were there on a Saturday night and it was busy, but we were quickly seated.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

In town for Sat. wedding, chose Harry's Friday for dinner. My husband and I were accompanied by my sister, husband and son. Menu very nice--some traditional foods prepared in less traditional ways. My sis and I both like prime rib, but smallest serving was 14 oz. We were allowed to split the entree, which was more than enough for two. Medium rare prepared perfectly served with au jus. Husband had pizza--several unique options to choose from. This is not a cheap place to eat, but you definitely get what you pay for. For a couple or group wanting to do something extra special, this is the place!!

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Our 50th Wedding Anniversary was a special event and Harry's took care of us with style! We had reserved the separate room which was so comfortable for our party of 15. The private room made our celebration so intimate. We all ordered off the menu and our server was very attentive. Our Anniversary cake came from Bourbon and Baker which is affiliated with Harry's. I was able to speak with the pastry chef to get just what we wanted. It truly was a night to remember!

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We have lived in Manhattan for 44 years and have eaten at Harry's for many occasions and under many different managers. Harry's is currently the best it has ever been and by far the best fine dining restaurant in Manhattan. My husband and I often travel to Kansas City, and when there we dine out in that city's top rated restaurants. Our last meal at Harry's rivaled any we have had there. Harry's has professionally trained chefs, and it shows. Every entree we had was delicious, meticulously prepared, and beautifully plated. The servings offered the perfect amount. The restaurant has always been beautiful, and the food matches the ambiance. 4 Olives is equally pricy, but the food does not begin to match that at Harry's and the portions are ridiculous. No other restaurant in town can compare to Harry's. And if you can't afford the full menu, Harry's offers a delicious bar menu and also outstanding small plates. I am thrilled and proud to have a restaurant of this caliber in our city.