See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We booked on hotels.com and arrived mid afternoon. Upon walking in we immediately noticed that there was a sign on the wall that read "refunds will not be given 30 minutes after check in." Bad sign (literally). I was asked how many keys were needed and I said two. The owner said that since we had two people the rate changed and we were charged $25 more for the night*. We checked in, I foolishly paid cash, and went to check the rooms.

(*be aware the rates online say $65 or $55 for UP TO 2 people, this is not the case and you will get the good ole bait and switch).

Upon entering the musty room we found live bugs on the walls and ceiling, urine on the bathroom floor, stains and dirt on the sheets and dead bugs in the toilet. We had two other friends with us (who paid by credit card) with whom we immediately regrouped as their rooms were in the same state and decided to leave, thinking fortunately we were in our thirty minute window.

We walked by the tarp covered half empty pool that the owner insisted was open and went to check out and demand our money back.

Upon entering the lobby we went to the front desk to start the process. First we were told we could see "the nice rooms" - a request we declined. Then we were told that we would not receive a refund and had to call hotels.com because he would lose money. We left and called hotels.com. After 45 minutes of back and forth we were informed the owner agreed to our refunds and we could go back to receive them (credit card and cash).

If only it was that easy. We walked back in and he had in fact credited yeh credit card charges (we think, as we won't really know for sure for 3-7 days but we have receipts). My room, the cash room, he insists hotels.com said he didn't have to refund. So, from the hotel lobby I called them back. At this time the owner walked out quickly. As I was on the phone he returned and said "we trashed the room." Hotels.com called him (while I'm on the phone with them) while he explained he doesn't have housekeeping to clean the room we just "trashed" and depended to know who would pay to clean it. Please note - the trashing was during to 2 minutes we were in the room and pulled down the sheets.

After 15 minutes of arguing he stated he'd return my cash less $30 for "clean up." At this point wet were exhausted so demanded the cash immediately and walked out, short $30.

Hotels.com did call, apologized and compensated us for the hassle and lost money.

Remember - if it looks to be too good of a deal online, it probably is.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank greenontheroad
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

It's freaking winter! At least you could fix the damn heaters! Thanks for my 2 hours of rest after 14 hours on the road! Will never be back! Should of just walked away when I arrived because dude was sleeping in the lobby on the couch that was the desk person.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

First, we couldn't find the America Best Value Hotel, gmaps would take us to a hotel called Regal Hotel with the same address different name on out front on the sign. We called the hotel for address ask why the name change and we were told for Tax Evasion purpose. Second, asked if we could see a room before we check-in, she gave us a card to look, went to a room walked by a drunk outside his door. Look around didn't like the smell. Went back told the owner (Pakistan) we didn't want to check- in, he told us NO its to late to refund your rooms. People in the lobby spoke up and told us about their room having Roach's coming out of the curtains and how he wasn't going to refund them, so they were on the phone with the police. More people came in to check-in, we were told to be quiet and don't say anything, we could get a our rooms refunded since we booked with them. Got rooms refunded, we walked out of the lobby, Manhattan Police showed up and we left for the game. Drove by after the Kstate game 4 hrs later the Police were still there.
My rating for this hotel -10!!
The only plus about it was the front desk lady was the "Americas Best Honest Person" Thank You who ever you are!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Denise W
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

This place is associated with the regency, don't pay a higher price for the regency, your going to be staying at the Americas best Value inn, manager isn't very nice, but the lady at the front desk was wonderfully helpful. My room wasn't bad, but walking to where my room was located was scary, unfinished doors on the breezeway. Breakfast was left over from day to day and not very good. Drive further into town and spend a little more for a nicer place to stay.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2015

this dump should be torn down. The carpet was from the 1900's. we checked the bed for bed bugs. continental breakfast was a pig sty and that is being kind - went to IHOP instead. (should reimburse me for breakfast!!!) So incredibly noisy. Drunks trying to get into rooms all night. People smoking outside room caused more smoke to come in and I have asthma!!!. Air conditioner was so noisy. TV was from the Flintstones, fuzzy, old and barely worked. Pool was big hole in ground with dead animals floating. Gross disgusting!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't do it ... Don't stay here..... Drive away as fast as you can
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family