Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan
Bluemont Hotel(Manhattan)
Fairfield Inn Manhattan(Manhattan)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskboulevard grillbreakfast buffetpool and jacuzzipoor choicesheraton staffon site restaurantrooms faceawesome servicebottled waterwedding partycoffee tablespent nightsspecial thanksconvenience storethe entire stafffort riley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2018

This hotel has apparently been around for a long time, maybe in the order of 30 years, and it looks and feels every bit its age. There are too many inconsistencies with this hotel, from the accommodations itself to the service.

Let me start with the rooms. I stayed in two different rooms over the course of 6 nights. The first was a supposed upgrade to a "deluxe" room; it turned out to be on the far side of the hotel (the south side) right next to the one of the exits to the parking lot. That is significant because every time someone entered/exited the building through that door it reverberated in my room. Secondly, I had a king-sized bed that was clearly lacking in support. It sagged in the middle and the sheets/bedspread were drawn taut across it like a drum skin.

The WiFi was intermittent. I had three different devices trying to access the network, but had instances where the signal was lost. I asked the front desk about resetting the router, but was told that they have a "monster" WiFi that saturates the entire hotel. Not likely, but that was the response that I got.

The housekeeping staff replenished the rooms with bottles of water each day. Some days they left one bottle, other days they left two. No rhyme or reason for this, nor could I get an explanation from the front desk.

Breakfast in the dining room was good. Unfortunately it was nearly impossible to plan for how much time to allocate for breakfast. Sometimes it was cooked to order, with the patron having to wait for service. Other times it was a walk-up buffet with a variety of food and an omelette bar for diners to order custom-made eggs. I think it had to do with the occupancy rate, but I'm not sure.

Be sure to ask for a room in the outside perimeter. The inside perimeter rooms face the atrium with swimming pool and hot tub. The noise level can be rather high when kids are splashing in the pool, and it can be unnerving to guests trying to rest in their rooms in peace and quiet.

The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating, but they were powerless to affect any of the niggling little things that could have made my stay there more comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose an outside perimeter room, away from the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank rckymtndaddy
Jessica M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you for your thorough review. You make some great points and we appreciate your assessment of your stay! We will use your comments to make improvements in providing our guests with a good and consistent stay.
Thank you!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel (which used to be a Holidome) was adequate for our one night stay. Buffet breakfast was very good and the price was reasonable. No menu service however. My husband thought the room smelled like “cheap perfume,” like they were trying to hide another smell. There was no hand soap in our room. Otherwise the room was “standard” and clean. The public stairs/steps we carpeted in a dark brown/black that made it difficult to see the steps clearly. Definitely a hazard for older people.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you for giving us some feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our guests experience. We hope that if your travel bring you back to the area that we are your choice for accommodations!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Stayed here for a couple of nights as a member of a group, holding their annual meeting. Everything about the property and service was indeed top notch. Bed was great; the group breakfasts were awesome.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I had a girls weekend in Manhattan not too long ago and some of us stayed at Four Points and it couldn’t of been any better! We often stoped by the Boulevard Grill where Ashley was more than happy to make us some drinks before our endeavors around town. She is seriously fantastic! Was so much fun to talk to and man she can make a drink! Best martini I’ve had in awhile, hands down.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I had Ashley as a bartender the past two evenings and she was phenomenal! She is very attentive to all the patrons, great at her job, and incredibly friendly. She has all the intangibles that make someone great at what they do. You are lucky to have her! Thank you Ashley!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Jessica M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

We are so happy to know that Ashley took great care of you during your stay! We appreciate the opportunity to lift her up and thank her for great customer service!