Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ramada Overland Park(Overland Park)
View Hotel
All reviewskansas citymedical centerking suitefrontage roadshawnee missionnice lobbyseparate bedroomroom was cleanfull size refrigeratorlight sleeperliving areastaff was friendlypool and hot tubnice hotelwafflesbreakfast areaone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We stayed in room 419 this last weekend. As a Hilton Honors member and overall fan of the Hampton brand, we were a bit disappointed in this particular hotel for a couple of reasons.

Room 419 smelled of old smoke. When I checked in on the app I noticed even though my reservation said "non-smoking" the room itself was marked as smoking. I called the hotel directly and inquired. I was told the entire property was indeed Non-smoking. I even asked if the room had been recently converted from a smoking a room and was told no. When we arrived the room itself was spacious. A nice kitchenette and separate bedroom were great- however, the smell was not. It was musty, smokey and obviously had been converted.

In the morning I nicely requested that the room be deodorized and mentioned the living side of the suite air conditioning didn't keep up and was in need of repair. The front counter attendant informed me that they needed to update the filters and she would take care of the room odor.

Of course, upon return at the end of a long day, nothing had changed. I appreciated the low price-point and for that, I gave this an average rating. However, if you don't like the smell of dank smoke don't stay in 419.

The other issue was the breakfast was poor and we actually skipped it one day of our stay. There were not enough seats, and the overall quality was lacking.

Room Tip: There is a train which runs behind the property but the hotel does provide ear plugs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Antonio P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your feed back. We strive daily to meet all of our guest needs. Unfortunately I am sorry you didn't receive that. We our going through renovations very soon and hopefully we can win you back as a customer. Guest satisfaction is what we strive for. I will share this with the team as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
DOS

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I give them a 10 the over all stay was good their was no problems and the staff was friendly. Check in was extremely easy. I checked in from my phone and just picked up the key at the front desk. Very convenient

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Although he staff was great and very attentive, we felt the room was just average. There was a slight stickiness to the floor so we kept our shoes on at all times. There was also some sort of splatter (maybe pop?) on one side of the ottoman that was from a previous person. The breakfast was great and our son very much enjoyed the pool!! The location is close to a lot of restaurants and a Walmart is just right down the street so it was convenient! It was also easy to get to all of our major destinations from the hotel!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will make sure that I present this comment to the head of housekeeping. We strive to make our guest completely satisfied. We will be starting renovations very soon. Out with the old and in with the new! Hopefully we can have you stay with us again, so that you can get a better experience. We do appreciate your shout out to our staff. Guest Satisfaction is what we strive for!

Best regards,
Antonio Petrie
DOS

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Driving from Georgia(14 hours), we arrived one hour before check in time. I approached the desk and was totally ignored for about 2-3 minutes. When I explained I knew we were a little early but was checking if my room might be available, the girl just insisted that check in was at 3. I even told her that I hadn't seen my dad in a long time and wanted to put our stuff in our room before going to meet him and it would be late before we come back. Didn't matter. The hotel was obviously not full. Not sure why I even have the Honors program as she didn't recognize that or even allow less than an hour leeway. When we returned at 10:30 that night, I was welcomed as an Honors guest and thanked. Antonio at the desk was very friendly. However, he coded our keys wrong so at 10:30 at night after being treated rudely before and after dragging our luggage around, I had to return to the desk to have the keys recoded and then go back up to a different floor. This was the worst check in experience I've ever had anywhere. Previously I have written an extremely positive report in TripAdvisor but I have to rethink that now. I will look for somewhere else to stay the next time I visit my dad and brother.
The food was okay and we like that it's free. The whole breakfast area was sticky and just felt less than clean. Room was fine, but no is better than other places we've stayed. I was very disappointed this trip.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Management response:Responded 30 June 2017

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I feel this was completely unacceptable and have talked to the desk clerk responsible. We will be using your comments as an example to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Guest happiness is our number 1 priority and hope you will give us another try to achieve that.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Superb customer service and very welcoming to our little league baseball team! They accommodated us wonderfully, treated us like family and we are so appreciative! Excellent customer service from start to finish!
Our room was clean, nice, up-to-date and a good stay. The bed was sort of uncomfortable for my personal liking. We had a king suite with kitchenette that had everything we needed! Great breakfast! Nice eating area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 14 June 2017

Hello Loriebri,

We appreciate the feedback. I always like hearing about our staff going above and beyond. Hopefully you guys won a few of those games! I will definitely pass this on to our team and we look forward to seeing you guys next year!