“Good place”

Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed here one night. Place was clean and comfortable. The check in girl, Hispanic girl, was not very friendly, but the other staff was. It was quiet and I slept well. The TV signal was erratic and keep buffering. Wifi was okay. Includes a typical hotel breakfast. I was pleased with this stay.

Room Tip: Average but pleasant place
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Antonio P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for your response. Our goal here is guest satisfaction, I will send this over to the guest service manager. I appreciate your feed back and hope that you come and see us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

It has been some time since I stayed at a Hampton Inn & Suites and I was very disappointed with this location and house keeping. The towels I used during my stay was not replenished, they were taken though, even the shampoo was not replaced. This location also did not supply dirty clothes bag. I also found a bed partner this morning a large spider, I do have a photo but see no value of posting it.

The Desk Staff was friendly and welcoming and they did credit me one night stay. I saw no value of the credit since I am on expense.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Antonio P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

We do appreciate your feedback about our facility and we are striving to make sure all guest needs are handled appropriately. I will bring this matter to the Housekeeping Manager and let them know of what was done. Also in the mean time we are building a better team in efforts to make sure guest satisfaction is coming into play with every guest. Once again We look forward to hopefully winning you back as guest. Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Room had a disgusting odor that was masked by a Febreez type of smell. Carpet was wet through your room as if cleaning solution had been poured on to mask odor. Let from desk know of situation and was told there was nothing she could do about it. I asked her if she would like to check the room and she told me it was not necessary because again there was nothing she could do. I asked her about my pre check in because I did this he say prior and the room she assigned me was not the room I pre checked into(what's the purpose of pre check if you do not get the room you selected). She had no answer for me except that she didn't know what happened. I asked her if there any other rooms and she stated that no they were completely booed and she couldn't get me a different room because all the other rooms were "pre-checked". Very disappointed in this situation and the lack of customer service in which this employee showed. I ended up cancelling my reservation and moved to another hotel. I will not be returning to this location.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First and for most I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We do strive for perfection in the way we handle all of our guest. We will be starting renovations here at this property really soon. I know this doesn't make up for lost time. But you should really come back and visit us once it's complete. Not only are we are doing renovations. We are also updating and improving staff and thoroughly training them on how to handle matters such as this one. Hopefully one day we can win you back as loyal customer. Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This facility does not meet the standards of Hampton Inns. The A/C was out in our room and we were told they couldn't fix it because they didn't have maintenance personnel available. There are better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Antonio P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

We do strive at our hotel to take care of our guest. I am sorry you didn't experience that while staying here. We do hope that later on in the near future we can give that back to you. Very soon our renovations will start and we do hope you come back and see the changes that we are striving to make, to make sure that guest satisfaction is at it's best. =)

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My son and I stayed in a king suite at this hotel and we were overall very pleased. There was a jacuzzi in the main room and there was a pull-out bed in the living room. The staff happily provided additional pillows and blanket. Both were comfortable; both had separate TV's. The room where my son slept had a door that separated the living room, giving both of us some privacy. Connected to the living room was a little kitchenette, equipped with utensils, a small table with chairs, dishwasher, disposal, sink, coffee maker, full size microwave and full size refrigerator. Everything was nice and clean. The room was, however, too cold for me and I had some challenges adjusting the temperature, which I reported (and I'm sure will be diagnostically adjusted). Breakfast was satisfying, but was limited for me as a vegetarian. I was stuck with eating waffles, breads, pastries, fruits,,and sometimes potatoes since I don't eat eggs or consume regular milk. There was a variety of juices, teas, and coffees. Staff was polite and helpful, very courteous! My son and I enjoyed our stay at this location. We would stay there again. Great location between Merriam/Shawnee and Overland Park. Our friends and family were within a 5-15mile radius, so we were quite centered when we traveled to see them.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the positive feed back and I will make sure I share this with the team members. Hopefully you can come back to our hotel in the near future. =)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
2 km away
1.9 km away
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
7 km away
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam? Share your experiences!