“We will be back”
Review of Acorns Resort

Acorns Resort
Reviewed 3 August 2017

For a family with 4 young children we were very happy to be able to have a place to stay and have room for all of us. They have several cabin size choices. The boat ramp is very close too. No complaints.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
acornsresort, Front Office Manager at Acorns Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay and yes, we do offer many options for families of all sizes and we are even pet friendly. We will continue to provide opportunities for adventure and relaxation in a beautiful lakeside setting. We hope you will come again very soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We truly enjoyed our 2 day stay at Acorns Resort. We stayed in Cabin 4 and enjoyed the view of the beach. The cabin was clean and well stocked with kitchen supplies and appliances. The bedroom was a bit tight. We are both small, but there wasn't much room between the wall and the bed. The best part of the cabin was the wonderful deck. We spent most of our time there. Part of the deck is covered and part is open. There was a round table and 5 chairs. We ate breakfast and lunch on the deck, then enjoyed dinner at the Cove. We had the same waitress, Sydney, both evenings. She was great and took good care of us. The food was good and so was the service. We were there on a Monday and Tuesday, but they were still pretty busy. The ladies in the office were outstanding. They let us check in a little early and were very helpful. I am hoping to book a family get together next summer and they answered my many questions. Check- in and check- out went very smoothly. I hope that we can find a time to return in the fall. We will definitely be back next summer.

Room Tip: Cabins 4 & 5 have good views for small cabins. Cabins 6 & 7 are right on the water and have...
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review. We love when couples and families experience great times at Acorns Resort. We strive to provide great amenities and great customer service to make this your best outdoor experience ever. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Our family of four couples and six children stayed in cabins 12 and 13 over a long weekend. The cabins were adequately furnished, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The children were safe and played in a huge back yard. We were within walking distance to the restaurant, dock, and two swim beaches. The Corp boat ramp was also close. We were new to Milford and so not aware of the blue green algae issue. We were lucky that wind and rain moved the algae away from the Acorn beaches when we were there. Just be aware that this could be a problem depending on the season you are staying there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review. We love having families stay at Acorns Resort and hope that you will be able to come again many times in the future. Acorns Resort will continue to grow and offer even more great adventures for fun and relaxation.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed for 30 days but I would have left way sooner if I could have got my money back! They call themselves a resort and charge like they are when they have none of the amenities! They say they have a park! It is 3 swings on some over grown dead weeds. The have no shower house but do offer a public bathroom and there is never any wait! It's an out house and is disgusting! They have a restaurant with beautiful views! The service is bad and the portions are small! Atleast on the weekends when they "cut there menus in half because they can't keep up!" Not my words but the waitress! We lost electricity in the middle of my shower. It was out for 3.5 hrs and not once did a worker come down to say what was going on. The workers are busy in the office on their cell phones. Carrie is rather rude each time you talk to her. I thought it was just a bad day when I got there but it continued through out my stay! Added eye roll when people walk out the door then she smiles like nothing happened. This place has the sites so close that you can hear the camper next door while inside. Many awkward nights in the month of July! Very happy I didn't bring my grand children.

Room Tip: Beach is nearby but it's covered in trash
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

I'm very sorry that you felt this way. If you had come to me with your issues and complaints, I would have been happy to discuss them and try to work out some type of mutually satisfactorily solution. If we do not know that there is an issue, we cannot correct it. I am sorry you were unhappy about the service, amenities and prices of the resort and we do strive to provide the best service and facilities possible.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We were so surprised at how beautiful updated and clean everything was. You don't have to bring anything because they had everything in the cabin of course being first timers we brought our home never again. I'm excited to go again because I know I won't have to bring so much. The lake was beautiful and peaceful! Carrie the office manager was amazing she was kind down to earth and when problems arose she was there to solve it. I lost my I'd she mailed it back and my Prius went dead she found this amazing man named Walter with a Prius and he charged and taught me about my car lol! Then sadly checkout came to soon and a nice lady named Nikki checked us out and made sure we had a good stay and we had a blast! Were going back! Now its going to be a tradition. Thank Carrie Walter Nikki and housekeeping!

Room Tip: Ask about being near beach for cabin
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kilarattler
acornsresort, Front Office Manager at Acorns Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you so much for the great review. We do have an amazing staff here at the resort and love to do whatever we can to make your stay great. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to next time.

Been to Acorns Resort? Share your experiences!