“Don't stay here!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Olathe KS

Motel 6 Olathe KS
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed 3 June 2017

First of all, this hotel is NOT pet friendly, as they claim to be. We booked a room online with them, and made it known that we would need a pet friendly non-smoking room. When we got there and attempted to check in, we were told that pets were allowed in smoking rooms only. For health reasons, we are not able to stay in a smoking room. The staff was rude, unprofessional, and completely unwilling to help us out. When we tried to cancel our booking, they refused to do so. We were forced to leave our dogs in the car all night. To add insult to injury, our shower was broken, and there was no hot water! We complained to the manager, and she promised a discount. It has been over a month, and the promised discount has yet to arrive.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Olathe KS

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Nothing fancy ~ no frills M6 but the good outweighed the bad by a long shot !!! My husband wears a leg brace & front desk always does an outstanding job of finding a room that makes it easier for him. Beds in Room #115 were super comfortable ~ although a burn hold in the bedspread of a non-smoking room is a little off-putting. Bathroom was clean but scantly supplied with thin coarse towels ~ another M6 standard. No fridge/micro, clock, hair dryer or in-room coffee but free wifi with great signal & flat screen TV. It's obviously been something else (Microtel) hence the swimming pool. If you just want a quick overnight it's perfect & we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
motelolatheks, Webmaster at Motel 6 Olathe KS, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Motel 6 Olathe.
It is nice to know that you enjoyed the room and amenities.
We shall certainly look into and resolve the AC and breakfast comment.
We are looking to improve our overall services still better based on your observations.
Definitely we are improving a lot and we look forward for your next stay so that you can experience it.

Regards
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

The staff was very helpful and nice! But, the bathtub would not drain, had trouble giving my daughter a bath in the bath tub since only the shower head would work. The room was EXTREMELY small, and we had a standard king room. I do not recommend this motel for families. We could barely fit our things into the room. Also, they do not provide shampoo just one bar of not so great standard soap. I could hear the guests staying above us, beside us, and could hear guests walking down the hall. Hardwood floors, but terrible paint job on the walls, a little out dated. There were no lamps next to the bed, the lighting was terrible. If you are single, and on a business trip I recommend it, but if you plan on spending time in your room and have a child with you, I don't recommend it. Although- they do have a pretty nice indoor pool, but the spa was out of order. One last thing, there are undercover police officers that drive by constantly, which made me feel like we might be in a high crime spot, but I couldn't really tell. I never left the motel after dark since it was just my daughter and I.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Audrey M
microtelinnbywyndham, Webmaster at Motel 6 Olathe KS, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and in providing a great place to stay for so many guests, and I deeply regret that we let you down. Perhaps you will give us another try in the future so we can do a better job of satisfying you. We’re always working to get better.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The family suggested we stay here because it was cheap......you get what you pay for!! It was not even worth the $60 plus/night we paid for it! The whole place from outside to inside needed a thorough cleaning and repair! There was always a cigarette smell in the elevator and our hallway (third floor)! We had to ask for towels the 2nd day and were told we could have one but housekeeping wouldn't be back until 7:30 that evening to give us the rest! The shower curtain was moldy smelling and there was a mystery stuff on the walls! Never any kleenex and mystery spots on the window bench!
No, I would not recommend this place to anyone !!
I will say the help were pleasant and as helpful as they could be!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
microtelinnbywyndham, Webmaster at Motel 6 Olathe KS, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our hotel here in Olathe. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

It was nice and quiet slept well. Had an issue with the room not being quite how they promised and the nice desk Clerk gave me a 10% discount. I just really appreciate the respect of my disappointment and trying to make It right for me and listening to my ligament concerns, but what do you expect for that cheap of a room.It served it's purpose. They were all very kind people.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
microtelinnbywyndham, Webmaster at Motel 6 Olathe KS, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear Guest,

I’m glad you had such a nice experience with us, and I sincerely thank you for your positive comments. We enjoy providing a great experience for all kinds of travelers, and I’m very pleased that you enjoyed being with us at our hotel. We’ll be here for you in the future if you visit the area again, and we always strive to maintain a great experience for our guests like you.