“A simple drink and a meal”
Review of Jennings Hotel

Jennings Hotel
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There was no lime to make a scotch, lime and soda (apologies), and no Black Ice, so in the land of beautiful Granite Belt wineries I asked for a Shiraz. The barman said that they had a "Shiraz-like red", but he "didn't drink it", and when he couldn't offer anymore information I said I'd pass. The next a lady comes out to inform me that out of all the vineyards in the district, this one red wine - which was unlabelled - was the only wine that they kept. That said I thought that it must be good so I'd better try it. Well you know when a bottle had been opened and sat too long, and far from a rich, velvety red I was hoping for, I got a tart, vinigary offering that was definitely on the nose. I took a few sips but had to leave it - my mistake. I should have requested a tiny sample first. Next we ordered lamb cutlets with vegetables and waited an eternity for that, also we were given a couple of slices of complimentary garlic bread to compensate. The first piece of lamb however was not cooked properly, it was not pink so much as raw, and the second piece was already on the way out. I declined to eat it. My partner's was the same. The vegetables were beautiful though, so we ate them and decided to leave. A lady asked in passing how everything was and I simply replied that I didn't like the wine at all. Her reply? "Well I don't drink it"!!!!! As for the overall decor and condition of that place - bring in Gordon Ramsay!!!!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

unfortunally i arrived really late but i found the place behind the hotel to stay over night with my car and everything was clean and nice. Lovely and safe place to stay :)

Reviewed 6 June 2017

It's a pub but you can not buy takeaways and the service is appalling. You have to wait anywhere up-to 15 minutes to get served sometimes.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed in our motorhome in the paddock behind the hotel. Liesel is the best cook - the rump steak and vegies is divine. Lyn the publican makes you very welcome, part of the family. The regular locals are very welcoming and always ready for a chat.