Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa
US$118
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmanitou springs resortmineral spadead seagift shopbaconchange roomsfriesacross the streetfree breakfastsmall townhidden gembeach barmini fridgeget awaylong weekenddeep endlast visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2018

BUYER BEWARE
My elderly parents booked a massage by phone in advance of a stay for my teen daughter, but were never told that cost of her massage may not be covered by our insurance. As a result, my ill daughter is now out over $100 (on top of the hundreds they spent for their stay there as her Christmas present) because "that particular time slot" was NOT BEING PROVIDED BY A REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST. We only found this out AFTER submitting the receipt to our benefits provider, who asked us for to contact the provider for the therapist's registration information.

No signs were posted about this anywhere. No mention was made at the time of the massage. And nothing was signed by the patient or caregiver to the effect that they knew of this (supposedly because there is "no time at the the time of the massage" to bother confirming your patients know that they can't be reimbursed when they may expect to be. Not to mention that at that price, you'd naturally think the service WAS being provided by someone with registered credentials.

The hotel's excuse was that they were "not at fault" because they supposedly make a note that patients "know" when they "tell" them over the phone, so my daughter won't even be extended any courtesy over this. I'm sorry, but this is NOT informed consent, and it's very poor policy. Anybody can write that down at any time, whether it is true or not, to cover their own behind.

Not impressed. Not one bit. Had they known, they would have chosen elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NotMadeOfMoney2018
Dwight H, General Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for your review, but I must defend our company and our staff in this particular case as your parents were specifically told by my staff at the time of booking that the massage therapist working that day was not registered. When we spoke about this over the phone the other day when listening to your complaint, I tried to explain to you that we have a procedure that allows us to verify that the customer was told this information at the time of booking the treatment, and that procedure was followed, and then later verified by my department manager after your complaint was made. We always focus on customer satisfaction and own up to our mistakes in order to try and please our guests, but in this case we did our due diligence by telling the person booking the treatment the proper information as per our usual policy. I am very sorry you are so upset about this, but if feel that you are laying blame without knowing the actual facts. If you wish to discuss further please feel free to call the General Manager at the Resort at 306-946-2233.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Did not find anything wrong. The spa was fantastic. The dressing room and showers were large and pretty clean. The water itself was great. Very therapeutic. Don't dunk your head underwater though. It stings your eyes a bit. Kids were okay but there is not much for them to do other than a small slide in the shallow area. My advice: sit back, float and relax.
The food at the snack bar was ok. A little pricey but acceptable for what it is.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Dwight H, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us this review. We look forward to having you back at Manitou Springs Resort and Mineral Spa for another therapeutic stay!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

This is our second stay here. The pool is nice and relaxing with clean change rooms. Our room was clean with a comfortable bed. There is a large selection of food between the snackbar and restaurant. The food is ok and priced accordingly. We found all of the staff friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our couples serenity massage and will try something else off of the spa menu when we return. The only thing I would like to see are more deck loungers and plastic muskoka chairs as they are usually taken by the time I make it down to the pool. We like coming here in the winter to warm up and completely relax and find that it is a good value.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Dwight H, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback; Manitou Springs Resort and Mineral Spa is an excellent place to completely relax! Our friendly staff is always ready to lend a helping hand and our waters are sure to make all stress melts away. We look forward to your next visit, thank you.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Our family came here for a holiday weekend to relax and have fun. We've been coming here for a couple decades and service and food have been excellent. Dec 22 around 8pm was an absolute disaster in the restaurant. 6 of us in restsurant for supper. We ordered prime rib, 8 ounce New York , steak sandwich and chicken dishes. All steaks were asked to be either medium or medium rare. Every steak was well done, tough, no taste, like cardboard. My brother complained about his overdone, didnt eat it. Was basically told by waitor its the time he ordered it..it's the brine it's in. What???? This is not an exaggeration. After talking to 2 waiters and the Front End manager we were offered either discount or free dessert. By this time we just wanted to leave (oh we arrived at 7:30 pm and finally got up at 9:15..yes in an empty restaurant we waited long to get food ). So we got up to leave while the cooks were drinking at the bar..making fun of us while pounding beers. Under their breath they mocked us as we were leaving saying "oh hey my burger is cold" then snickered. Well we didn't take it mildly. We called them out and they did not offer an apology. .in fact displayed a non apologetic attitude. Continued to mock us as we were leaving. Mgmt said we would not have to pay for any meals but the unprofessional attitude of their cooks is disgusting. Their dress is not professional. Their drinking in the kitchen possibly but their actions show they might have been . Our weekend is ruined. Waitress Marianella was awesome. She deserves to work with better staff.. not agressive unprofessional cooks mocking customers. This is no joke . I am not exaggerating. Still waiting for a call from owner. We are here in hotel for 2 more nights. ..make it better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank GaiDub
Dwight H, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience; this is not the norm as you know from previous satisfied visits. Our guests should be treated with respect at all times and receive their meals according to their ordered preference. We would like to speak to you regarding this matter so it may be looked into further; would you please contact Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net. Thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We blocked rooms for our wedding here in February 2017. The experience was awful. Staff were not accommodating in anyway, shape or form considering more than half their rooms were booked for our wedding. We had been told we could check in early, but when we got there we weren't able to. They put my bridesmaid in our suite (The right names were on the rooms; I checked) & we had to fight to get them to bring up fresh towels & clean the bathroom when we made the switch. My brother couldn't get into his rooms until 3 hours after check-in & there was no hot water. When this was brought to their attention, nothing was done. We were told 'What do you want us to do about it?' There was no apology or trying to accommodate us. Finally, we had booked a shuttle to transport guests (It could carry 9 people) & 2 hours in we were informed that the boss was taking the shuttle for the rest of the night & all we had now was a truck which could carry 3 people. The worst part was we had booked the shuttle months in advance & had to pay for it!
The rooms were decent & clean, but based on how they treated us I would definitely not recommend staying here! There was not a single person there who went above & beyond to make our wedding experience a positive, memorable one.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that this was you experience, Melanie and I assure you our guests satisfaction is very important to us. Our staff should always be on hand to help answer any questions or concerns that our guests may have. I would very much like the chance to speak to you regarding this matter in further detail, if you would please contact Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net. I look forward to hearing from you, thank you.