Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Manitou Beach
See available hotels
Lakeside Country Inn(Manitou Beach)
Sundown Motel(Watrous)
Ross Inn(Lanigan)
View Hotel
All reviewsmanitou springs resortmineral spadead seagift shopbaconchange roomsfriesacross the streetfree breakfastsmall townhidden gembeach barmini fridgeget awaylong weekenddeep endlast visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We have been to the hotel and spa many time with no complaints however this was a very different experience. We were in the pet friendly units connected to the main hotel. The room was clean but the positives stop there. The bathroom was missing a light bulb, the room was cold, bathroom floor was freezing, the shower did not have hot water in the evening, the walk way to the deck had not been cleaned for some time and was very slippery, the worst was we could hear everything from the next room. I do mean everything. This is a pet friendly room so sound proofing is very important. For the price we will stay in another hotel and pay for our spa visits.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the attached efficiency units.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
MuchoTravelling, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

We're so sorry to hear about your negative time with us. Our staff always strive to provide the best experience possible and we'll do what we can do to ensure something like this never happens again. We do hope you'll come back in the future for a better experience. If you want to discuss this further please contact Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I do not like to complain and rarely write bad reviews, but the food situation needs to be addressed.

First the good news: The spa itself is wonderful. The waters are lovely and floating for an hour or so is incredibly relaxing. Everything is clean, the staff are professionally friendly, even the noodles, flotation devices etc are varied and plentiful. The room we stayed in was clean and quiet. The internet worked great and although the tv channels were limited we weren't there to watch tv.

Now the bad news: We decided to stay in for our romantic meal. I ordered the $30 special and we shared a carafe of wine. The server recommended the steak be cooked medium rare, I normally like medium but if the chef gives a suggestion, I generally follow it so I agreed. The wine came but my glass was crusty with sediment. I look the other way if there are harmless spots or something from the dishwasher, but this glass was disgusting. The server took the glass and replaced it quickly. No problem; we don't expect perfection but appreciate when solutions are readily provided. But the steak came and it was barely warm. The plate had two bloody thumbprints from the cook or server which I wiped away. I sliced into the meat and it was raw, not rare. Since this was a romantic getaway I didn't want to make a scene and attempted to eat around the edges. But I just couldn't do it. The steak knife couldn't cut it as the meat was fully red. The server offered to take the meat back but I was feeling a bit ill so asked them to not bring it back. They said they would charge me only for the salad bar. I had eaten almost no salad as the lettuce was wilting and brown so was not willing to pay the $12.95. After speaking to a second server they agreed not to charge me.

The room came with buffet breakfasts the next morning. Sadly the food situation did not improve. The coffee and bacon were excellent, but that's where it ended. The yoghurt was warmer than the food they brought out. The potatoes were oily and limp, the eggs crusty from sitting. How can everything be cold? And the toasting machine was slow and toasted only one side. We watched the servers bring mostly full plates back to the kitchen so apparently others did not fully enjoy their meals either.

I really want to love this place and we will return, but we won't step foot in the restaurant again until we hear that it has improved. Speaking with family in the area, they too want the food situation to improve.

If you look at my other reviews you will know I'm generally positive and my intent with this review is to send a signal to the management that they need to improve the food situation. This could be a jewel. So many things are going well, but the food needs to be much better. Please!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

While we are happy to hear that you loved the waters, received excellent service and enjoyed your room, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy the restaurant. Our guests feedback is very important to us as our goal is to provide our guests with an exceptional memory that they can cherish. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please contact Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net. We look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

For the last three years we have moved our yearly gathering to the Manitou Springs Resort and have nothing but praise for their operation.and the Staff and Personnel that work there.
If you and your group want to have a good time with people that do their best to see that you do please consider trying their services.
Our group which consists of ten to fifteen middle aged couples is extremely impressed with the respect and professionalism Carrie and her group continually show us.
This is a quality that had deteriorated in the location where we had spent the previous seventeen years and we have already booked our yearly gathering at Manitou springs for January 2019
I don't believe there is another Spa in Saskatchewan and possibly even North America that can provide the same level of friendly customer service as this group supplies
The Restaurant service is second to none whether you eat in the restaurant of in one of the nearby rooms that can be rented for socializing.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that our group have used are very good and have been redone in the last number of years. Expect a comfortable bed
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
MuchoTravelling, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your yearly gathering you have been holding at Manitou Springs Resort and Mineral Spa! It is our goal to provide our guests with outstanding customer service and we look forward to seeing you next year; until then, take care and have an exceptional day.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I have been to the spa many times. This time I decided to stay at the hotel and what a pleasant experience.
Spoke with staff and it seems there is a real reno going on and the room showed this. Everything is up-to-date and really clean. They did a check of the room before we went in to make sure.
Wi-Fi is spotty and in this place that is good let's you relax!
The restaurant is good, food tasty and not super high prices like in some out of the places.
The complimentary breakfast had bacon, eggs, fruit etc so something for everyone.
And yes they do allow dogs at the hotel so next time I bring my dog.
This is a great little spot and not so crowded so please don't tell anybody about it

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Invisiblediva
MuchoTravelling, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi, your kind review means so much to us! We are so happy to hear you had a relaxing time, and are proud to show off our new renovations. Your encouragement is appreciated, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Until next time, take care!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I host workshops and events here. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. My attendees enjoyed the mineral pool and the food. Their prices are reasonable. Everything was modern and clean. And Manitou is one of the most happening wellness tourist locations in Saskatchewan.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
MuchoTravelling, Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Jennifer, thank you for leaving us a review. It is always a pleasure toy host you and your events in our conference rooms. Our hotel prices never fluctuate, even on long weekends or holidays. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Take care and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!