“OK but expensive”

Jimmie's Diner
Ranked #58 of 1,172 Restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I have eaten here 4 times in the past year, mostly for breakfast. Have had different type omelets and breakfast sandwiches. I enjoy but it is not the best breakfast place. But then again, I am a egg snob and am picky. Give it a shot.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We used to go to Jimmie's at least once a month a couple of years ago the quality of the food was declining so we stopped going. One night we both really wanted a good old-fashioned shake so we decided to try it again. I'm glad we did ! The food was much better! The rolls were tasty when before they had tasted like hospital food. The shakes were delicious and the service was good. After this experience we will return!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast there this morning. Not to long of a wait and delicious food. Our waitress was super Sweet. We will continue to eat at Jimmies for great food and service!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I’ve learned over the past couple of decades that I’m always disappointed at Jimmy’s Diner. Still, since I have an opened mind and they did recently close for a major remodel and are now back in business, I thought maybe we should give the place another try. Hmmm, I didn’t notice any new polish or improvements—the tile floor is still really grungy; the booths are still an ugly forest green vinyl; and the woodwork around the booths is still banged up and coming loose. I saw no updates whatsoever; so much for the remodel. The perky and friendly servers used to wear cute 50s era poodle skirts, bobby socks, and saddle shoes; but now they’re wearing dumpy skirts of whatever color and tattered Shocker T-shirts; they looked downright sloppy, and this makes the place appear visually unappealing. As for atmosphere, the restaurant was filled with a gal near the kitchen screaming “Dorothy, you’re up!” and “Daisy, you’re up!” at the top of her lungs while the cook bellowed such classy phrases as “Benedict here!” and something loud about “Chicken!” for everyone in the place to hear. It was chaos; and with babies crying, the servers rushing around, and the general customers’ roar, our breakfast was honestly stressful rather than pleasant. I couldn’t find any way to relax. Luckily, they weren’t guilty of forcing blaring music on their patrons’ ears (a blunder so many restaurants commit in requiring conversations to be conducted in yells to be heard over the blast). I’ve been doing a sort of veggie omelet tour of Wichita lately and taking pictures of the results to post here on TripAdvisor. If you’re able to jump to my other reviews of restaurants in town, you can visually compare where excellent food can be found and where mediocre stuff is plopped down in front of you. Jimmy’s Diner, in my opinion, is at the bottom of the list. They provided meager portions and such unimaginative dishes that I felt embarrassed for them. I’ve not had such a skinny little omelet (pictured) anywhere in the country during the past decade. And every single side dish they had listed in the menu was a carb—potatoes, cereal, or some type of biscuit or bread. I did find out from the very helpful server that they could throw some tomatoes on a plate or substitute a miniature cup of fruit for any of those boring carbs, but you can only do this if you ask beyond the menu. Honestly, with so many other wonderful restaurants in the area, I can’t imagine why anyone would choose Jimmy’s Diner for a Saturday brunch. I’m sure I’ll never go back.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Jimmie’s diner was recommended to us while in Wichita Kansas a very good choice a fun place for breakfast take’s you back in time (50’s) with very good service friendly and helpful staff a great place to eat. To the staff of Jimmie’s