“Fun day especially for young children”
Review of Dinosaur World

Dinosaur World
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Cave City
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We took our 6 and 8 year-old grandsons to Dinosaur World in Cave City, KY. We were there about two hours, took a leisurely stroll through the dinosaurs, participated in the fossil dig, viewed a movie, and spent some time uncovering some dinosaur bones in the Boneyard. This might not hold the interest or imagination of teenagers, but our grandsons loved it, and frankly we were surprised about the quality of the dinosaurs. They may not give you Disney animation, but there are lots of dinosaurs, brief descriptions of them all, and about 100 different dinosaurs to see. We had a delightful time.

Reviewed 3 November 2010

You will feel taken if you spend your money here. I agree with some of the reviews that say its OK for kids under 6.

We dont fit the profile, but there isnt much to do in Cave City. Paper mache' dinos just didnt do it for us. Then again we have been to Disney numerous times. I'm sure your perspective changes your view.

1  Thank wiscDAD
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I was expecting a cheesy roadside attraction that would only be enjoyed for a few minutes by my dinosaur-loving boys (6 and 8). As soon as we stepped in to the gift shop, I knew my expectations were wrong. The gift shop is loaded with great dinosaur toys and gifts and the park itself is very fun. Life size dinosaurs, a play area, a museum, a fossil dig where the kiddos get to keep some of their finds, and a movie area. My kids could have stayed all day...maybe even for several days!

2  Thank MNwanderers
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I took my 3 kids (10, 5 and 4) to Dinosaur World mid-October 2010. This was to be a short stop on our way home from Mammoth Cave. This ended up being the highlight of the whole trip. I had read various reviews and was not expecting much but it was so awesome. The fossil dig was alot of fun for even my 10 year old and the guy working the dig told the kids what each fossil was at the end and the kids got to choose 3 to keep. It was very cool. And the dinosaurs....wow. So much better than I thought it would be. I thought it was be a cool thing for my 5 year old who loves dinosaurs but the whole family ending up loving it. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank KT317
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We have 3 boys, 18mths, 7 & 9 years old. Everyone still enjoys it although my nine year old doesn't enjoy it as much as the last time we went. It was really hot the day we went but there is plenty of shade. We had to take a stroller of course and we could pretty much go anywhere at Dinosaur World with the stroller. The gift shop is affordable so that makes it nice so the kids can get a souvenier.