“Super Busy, Great Service, run-of-the-mill food”

MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: When we first opened over 2 decades ago in Bozeman, Montana, it was quality and uniqueness that most attracted our loyal customers. The original menu included a nice variety of delicious pizzas, salads and sandwiches. It has been our firm objective to advance and improve our menu to what has become over 70 menu items. Building on this solid foundation of innovation and passion toward food, we continue to challenge ourselves to develop menu options that provide our customers even more diversity. Our newest MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub restaurants encompass everything we’ve crafted and improved upon since our modest beginning but also aim to take menu creativity, freshness and selection to a whole new level. While we know that we cannot be everything to everyone as a restaurant choice, we are sincerely eager to become more and more for people. As we venture into new neighborhoods, we endeavor to remain passionate about serving others sincerely and well.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I have mixed feelings about this place. On the one hand, it's a hopping-spot and on the other it's rather average. So what are the 3 things we look for? Service, food, and price, right?

I was with a larger group of people and I will say that the service was top-notch. The young man handling all of his did a fabulous job. I spent some time at the bar beforehand and the bartender was quick, efficient, and super-friendly.

Prices tended to be on the higher side of things for the ambiance and general locale, but then, it seems that prices everywhere these days for dining out continue to rise quicker than our salary.

The food was interesting. I was surprised that the menu pretty well runs the gamut, making me wonder how all of that can be cooked. The answer, according to our server, is that it's on a production line and timers. That's what I discovered when I wanted a medium-rare burger and he delved into this long explanation about food being on a conveyor and timed to come out together. Not sure how this could play out but my dining buddy and I both wanted medium-rare. Mine was fine. His was well-done. I will say that the Chorizo Meatball appetizer was fabulous, zesty, and delicious and could have been a meal in and of itself. From the comments of everyone at our table, the overwhelming feeling was that the food was so-so, nothing to die for. I think I'll give this place a few more months and then maybe try it again.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Our group of 18 had a great experience. We had a relatively private table in the back, our server was so attentive and spot-in with our orders, the food was delicious and prices were reasonable. My husband loved his smokey bourbon drink, my cucumber collins was delicious and everybody enjoyed their dinners. It's unusual that nobody in our large group complains, so this was a great place for us. They had numberous options, even for the vegan in our group, who had their veggie wrap with soy cheese and balsamic instead of aoli, and she love it. Their gluten-free pizza crust, black bean burger (not the bun) and hummus plate are just a few of the other vegan options. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

The service was horrible I ordered a small pizza the waitress brought out the food for everyone else at our table and told me they burned my pizza and would try to make one for me to take home
Then came back saying they couldn't do that never once did she ask if I would like to order something else.
As we were getting ready to leave she brings me the pizza which when I ate it gave me indigestion This is not the same McKenzie River Pizza as in Montana and I would predict they will be out of business soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We went here to celebrate a friend's birthday. Several of the appetizers were decent, but my black bean burger tasted too salty. My husband opted for the meat loaf, but he had to send it back due to it being undercooked. The second time they brought it out, it was still not done, so he gave up and ordered a salad. The staff was apologetic, but the food definitely needs improvement considering there are so many other places you can spend your food dollar.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I'm VERY surprised to read some of the reviews below. I've been here 5 times since they opened and I love it! It's definitely some of the best pizza in the area and the service has been perfect every time. My dad and I even comment when we're there on how great the service is. I think some of the reviews below might be rigged... just my opinion. I recommend this place for sure!