“Great Taste Chinese Buffet Has Great Taste”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Great Taste Chinese Buffet
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Flatwoods
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Whenever I am in the mood for Chinese food, or the Americanized version of it, I head over to the Great Taste Chinese Buffet in Flatwoods, Kentucky. They put out smaller portions that other Chinese restaurants might of their dishes on the buffet but they keep an eye on the food trays and keep them replenished. This keeps the food fresher and cuts down on waste as they do not have to throw out a lot of uneaten food.

If you don't want to order from the buffet, you can order from the menu. They have several entrees, appetizers, soups, sides and combination meals.

The prices are comparable to other sit-down restaurants around the area, and are less than you would pay at some. The wait staff are attentive and efficient. These folks are pleasant and easy to deal with, in my experience.

If you want a reasonably priced lunch, order from their special Lunch Menu Monday through Friday, 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM. I have never tried ordering take out on the weekend, so I am not sure about weekend lunch specials. Currently, November 2017, they are charging $4.95 for a lunch with vegetable fried rice and your choice of an egg roll (stuffed with cabbage) or a soup: egg drop or hot and sour. The portions are generous enough that I often make two meals out of them. I like the Chicken with Cashews, and my wife chooses the General Tso's Chicken.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Very good Chinese buffet at a reasonable price. The food is nearly always freshly made and consistent in quality.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The food is always good and hot and they have a good variety on the buffet. We like to order take out a lot and the food is good that way too.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Best Chinese in this little area. It's always tasty and you get really nice portions. I'm a fan of the dumplings, which never disappoint.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

By far the best Chinese food around. Always fresh and everything is very clean. My family and I have been coming here for years and we have never been disappointed. $6.30 for take out lunch buffet you can't beat it!