“Quick Inexpensive Tex Mex”
Review of Montoyas

Montoyas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Ate here for lunch with two colleagues. Total bill - $24.00 for three entrees and a drink. Balderdash, you say? How can you get three decent lunches for this price? It can be done and was here! I had the ground beef enchiladas (option of chicken, ground beef or shredded beef) with mole sauce. The enchiladas were large and stuffed with flavorful beef. The mole was very good - a strong earthy/chocolate flavor which complemented the beefy goodness perfectly. The refried beans were a bit runny and could have been a tad thicker. The mexican rice was fluffy and had a pleasant tomato/pepper flavor. Service was a bit on the slow side, but that was ok. The decor leaves a bit to be desired, but come here for the food, not the walls.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Best and mist authentic Mexican food around. Every dish cooked to order abd great margarutas and ice cold Fos Equis. The service was attentive and courteous.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in here tonight for dinner. We had a buy one get one free coupon from our 2017 Entertainment Book. We've been here before but it's been awhile since the last couple of times we had eaten here the service wasn't that great and the portions were very small. When we walked in there was a sign saying please wait to be seated however the lady working the cash register told us to go ahead and sit wherever we wanted so we did. We sat for several minutes before someone finally came to our table. We ordered our drinks and we waited and waited for them to arrive. I had to ask two times for our drinks. Then I had to flag someone down that walked past our table and tell them we were ready to order our food. By this time I was not happy and was about ready to walk out. Chips and salsa finally arrived and there was three different types of salsa but all three were bland and runny. My husband ordered carnitas and I ordered beef and chicken taquitos. Once our food finally arrived it tasted pretty good. At that point the service improved a little bit. Our server did check on us a couple of times while we were eating. I noticed several people that came in while we were eating who seemed to be regulars there and the servers treated them like gold which is nice but I would imagine that all customers should be treated the same. Not sure if we will return. See my attached pictures of our meals

1  Thank florenceyall39
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Family run business that we have been eating at for many years. Very friendly and the food is excellent. Ask for the extra hot sauce and mix it with caso dip with your chips. Everything on the menu is good.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I have been here a number of times and the food is always great as is the service! I have never had a bad meal be it tacos, burritos, chimichanga or salad. The chips on salsa is great too. The new model with the bar has been a great addition. I recommend this place to any friends who have not been here yet.