“A play”

Actors Theatre of Louisville
Ranked #41 of 201 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: A high-caliber theater that produces riveting, cutting-edge shows.
Reviewed 4 February 2017

A friend took me to see Lady Day a story about Billie Holiday if you every have a chance to see this play where you live it's a must see ! This Theatre does have an old world charm however, the seating is my only issue ! The seats are small(I am somewhat short) my friend and the couple sitting on the other side of me had their knees close to the person's head that was seated in front of us . If you have any joint issues size or height seating will not be a joy I watch several people who needed help getting out of their seats and being closed in seating was painful for some. The play was so wonderful which is the reason I'm giving this a high mark. Add $10.00 on to your outing for parking I give this 4 stars no fan Tai Chi Nana out!

All reviews
"compelling"
in 4 reviews
"interpretation"

Reviewed 29 December 2016

After several years of wanting to see the play, A Christmas Carol, my wife and I finally made it a priority to do so, this Christmas season. First of all, the play performance was better than I would've imagined. The costumes were very good, the set was somewhat impressive, given the stage limitations, and the acting & singing far surpassed my expectations. The theater itself had a sort of old charm to it, and there's not a bad seat in the entire place. The temperature was a bit warm for my tastes, but I tend to enjoy a cooler room temp than most folks. I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying future performances at the Actors Theatre.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

This is a great local theatre! We attended "A Christmas Carol," which is in it's 40th year here. The space is fantastic...there's not a bad seat in the house and you feel like you're right in the midst of it. They did an excellent job, and we'll be looking for more plays there in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

They have been doing "A Christmas Carol" for 40 years now. This is a lovely space for plays and we have attended many plays over the years. That being said, this was not one of our favorite interpretations of the classic. It wasn't bad but there have been more memorable experiences in the past. As much as we have loved our times at Actors Theatre having to fight the crowds at the nearby YUM Center makes it less enjoyable. Remember to leave much earlier if there is an event at the YUM. Traffic is horrible and people are rude. This certainly took some joy out of seeing the play today. We left 25 minutes earlier than normal and barely made it for curtain call. To that I say "Bah Humbug". Next time I will have to check more closely before deciding on what day to see a play downtown.