“Broadway Quality Plays in an Intimate Atmosphere Performed to Perfection!!”

Actors Theatre of Louisville
Ranked #42 of 185 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: A high-caliber theater that produces riveting, cutting-edge shows.
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Actors Theatre of Louisville is truly an amazing Theatre!! I started catching plays here when the marvelous Victor Jory was acting and Jon Jory was directing. The quality of the productions is in a word, STUNNING!! If you have never experienced ATL, you MUST GO!! I will never forget sitting on the front row at the Victor Jory Theatre at Actors Theatre, catching a play: Slab Boys. AMAZING!!!! Kevin acted this same play on Broadway and later performed on the big screen.

ATL offers a couple of mesmerizing plays at Christmas every year. There simply is no finer Theatre anywhere!!!!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Actors Theatre is a jewel in the professional theatre world and a feather in the cap for Louisville. Three different theatres of varying size are located in a historic building downtown on Main, and there is something for fans of all ages. Personally I look forward to the annual festival of new American plays, and try to schedule a trip to Louisville during its March-April run. We saw two world premiers on our recent visit and both were deeply satisfying. I'll be back

Reviewed 7 April 2017

We saw 6 plays here during the festival. It was wonderful! They have 3 different theatres in the building. Airness was one of the best plays I've ever seen! We also LOVED Cry It Out. Loved the small theatre in the round. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is a bar upstairs, and a restaurant/bar, Milkwood in the basement.

1  Thank southernskiier
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I watched the play "I Now Pronounce" and was laughing throughout the whole play. A good theatre to go to for a date night. Original plays written for current generations.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

A friend took me to see Lady Day a story about Billie Holiday if you every have a chance to see this play where you live it's a must see ! This Theatre does have an old world charm however, the seating is my only issue ! The seats are small(I am somewhat short) my friend and the couple sitting on the other side of me had their knees close to the person's head that was seated in front of us . If you have any joint issues size or height seating will not be a joy I watch several people who needed help getting out of their seats and being closed in seating was painful for some. The play was so wonderful which is the reason I'm giving this a high mark. Add $10.00 on to your outing for parking I give this 4 stars no fan Tai Chi Nana out!