“Mediocre food at too high prices”
Review of Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #1,185 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2016

The appeal of this restaurant is lost on me, yet they always seem busy. Typical sort of steakhouse with free peanuts on the table and all over the floor. The quality of food, however, is very subpar.

My family and I went here two weeks ago because we received gift certificates at Christmas. The four of us thought we could get a free meal out of it, and would never choose to eat here if we were paying out of pocket. Our waiter was cordial enough, but kind of distracted. My son has food allergies, so I have to ask up front for them to check on the ingredients for the 5 or 6 items on the kids' menu. We decided on grilled chicken and fried apples, because we were told that there was nothing unsafe in either. After my son had 3 bites of the apples, a woman came out from the back to say, "Yeah, that has butter in it". :\

I asked for a medium steak; it was medium rare/rare. My husband was upcharged on a side item with no mention of the extra cost from the waiter at the time we ordered. The total bill ended up being $65 for the four of us, so we ended up spending about $20 besides the gift cards for a meal that nobody enjoyed, not to mention the fun of my son being sick that night. Never again.

Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

We're very sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best, Marissa. If you'd like us to follow up with you, please give us a call at 1-844-6LOGANS. Thanks for leaving us a review.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

We went to dinner there last week. The place was packed and the wait would be long so we chose to sit at the bar. Steaks were very good. Great drinks and barmaids. Buckets of peanuts.. Shells tossed all over the floor. No problems. Fun place. Huuuuge house salad!

Stuffed baked potato was awesome. No room for desert!

Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Went to Logan's Steakhouse across from St. Matthews Mall out in the Louisville area, got in with a seemingly ok wait to be seated, girl was not at the front. Then another girl come yo actually wait on us after a couple minutes, me and a girlfriend of mine give her our drink orders, but she only comes back with one drink for my friend and I'm sitting there waiting on a strawberry lemonade for over 20 minutes. Then to top it off, my not all of my food came to the table, they forgot my wedge salad, gave sauce I clearly said I didn't want when placing my order. The waitress looked as though she didn't care to wait on us and was not very friendly, will never eat here again and will pass the word on for others to not eat here as well, they do not value "all" of their customers at all.

1  Thank divagirl30
Logans_Roadhouse_Mgr, Customer Service at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously and we'll be checking in with this location. If you would like someone to follow up with you, please give us a call at 1-844-6LOGANS.

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

We have been to this location in the past without any issues. However, our recent visit rewarded us with sirloin steak that was extremely tough. My wife and I ordered medium done yet hers was tough and chewy. Our server was pleasant and offered to have the steak cooked a little more. Unfortunately, that will not solve the problem of a tough piece of meat. The other items-potato and salad were fine. We had used a gift certificate and probably should have made a bigger issue of such an unsatisfactory meal. Hopefully, this is a rare misstep but we probably won't order the sirloin again. There are other competitors in the neighborhood willing to take a share of their business.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

This was my first and and most assuredly last experience at any Logan's - EVER. Took my granddaughter and grandson to Logan's on Dixie Hwy (Louisvillle, KY) to celebrate my granddaughter's awesome high school band concert. Two of the three dishes ordered were a total disaster. Grandson's New York Strip on the Steakhouse Melt was flavorful but 1/4 of it was gristle. The accompanying steak fries were ordinary. My Onion Brewski Sirloin was a culinary experience I hope to never repeat. After a valiant attempt to properly masticate my first few bites of medium rare sirloin, I gave up. And, yes, I have all my original teeth! Chewing on a supersized rubber band would have been less work. Our server, who was exceptional, returned my sirloin to the kitchen. He brought out a replacement sirloin and stood at our table to ensure it was properly prepared. When I cut into the replacement sirloin, could have sworn it emitted a loud "moooo" as it sadly bled out its life blood across my sizzlin' cast iron skillet. Because eating a 2" thick slab of raw beef wasn't an appealing culinary proposition for me, I asked for a to go box knowing my dogs would thank their canine god for this "from the wild" hunk of meat. Strike #2 on the meat portion of my meal. I was left with a baked potato (good) and burned skewered mushrooms (bad). My granddaughter's well done Onion Brewski Sirloin was a tad over grilled but didn't score quite as high on the "chew factor scale" as mine. She was content with her baked potato and fried pickles appetizer. Her mac & cheese side never made it the table so can't comment on that. The server subtracted my meal from the ticket without me requesting that be done. Nice touch. Bottom line, if you're looking for a decent steak Logan's isn't the place to look. If you want to eat tons of peanuts and throw peanut shells on the floor without getting head-slapped by a parent then, by all means, go to Logan's.