US$150
  • Restaurant
US$110
Dupont Mansion B&B(Louisville)
US$149
All reviewsstove topwould stay here againexpo centermicrowaveborrowdeskmotel
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Spent weekend at the Candelwood and found it nice and quiet, even owing to the fact that they allow guests to bring their dogs. So it must be pretty well insulated for noise! Actually it is surprisingly quiet, located a bit out of the traffic helps I guess. I had no trouble finding the hotel, and for me the location suited me just fine. It was clean, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly, I always enjoy having a nice kitchen, well stocked with all kitchen equipment. Nothing missing there. I plan on coming back to this hotel on my next visit to Louisville.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Sandy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Thank you for your recent feedback. We look forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

First the hotel is currently undergoing a remodel. We were fortunate to book a room on the second floor that had recently been remodeled. The room had a very nice kitchenette set-up, new dark tone cabinets with glass doors, microwave, etc... The bathroom had also been remodeled. All finishes had been re-done. The room had a nice flat screen TV and DVD player, desk, and recliner. The linens were also very nice. It was a very comfortable place to stay. You do not hear the expressway from the hotel.
The hotel itself is located on its own and is between two interstate exits. Both exits when heading toward the hotel are a bit industrial. However, the street it is on is not. It is located on the same street as the KFC Yum Corporate Offices, Sullivan Dormitories, and the Main Post Office. There are no restaurants within walking distance. However, Louisville's main restaurant corridor, Bardstown Road, is only one exit down Interstate 264 and head North about 2 miles and the restaurants begin.. (Bardstown Rd has no hotels located on it, so no matter where you stay you will drive to it.)
This hotel is also a great alternative to any hotels you will find on Preston Street, Fern Valley Road, Dixie Hwy, etc if you need some place closer to the airport, Churchill Downs, KY Kingdom or south end.
Even though this hotel is by itself, it is an excellent value with its new metropolitan styled furnishings and décor.

Room Tip: Get a remodeled room, second floor facing the parking lot, you will have an extended view east where there is a pond etc..
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your most recent feedback about our hotel. We love hearing kudos from our guest's!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I was under the impression this hotel was fully renovated, however, it was only a partial renovation, I was on the top floor and the the toilet seat had signs of extreme wear, the bathroom fan rattled and could not be used, thankfully I was by myself... The room below me left the fan on all night causing my bed to vibrate and was very loud. Overall, this hotel is ok, just advertise it as a partial renovation as nothing in the bathroom was updated. The bathtub was clearly an original as well.

Pros: the head engineer made every effort to make things right and the the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Sandy H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Thanks for taking the time to give us feed back. We are happy to say we have completed to renovation this month. Although we did not replace everything as you stated we did a major renovation to bring us to a more updated look. We will sometime in the future be replacing the rest to make it a complete remodel. We hope that you will stay with our on your next visit to Louisville.

Regards

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Check in was smooth, after I find the location of the Hotel in the rain and storm. The hotel appeared to be in renovation, there was trim that looked shabby, and paint all along the trim from shoddy painting. There was a slight smell, and the floors flexed as I stepped, ( makes you wonder about your weight.)

My room was not prepared, the TV/cable box was completely unplugged. The Ac filter was not installed, all fixed by myself too easy, but not late night arrival friendly. There was a full trashbag at the opposite end of my hall way, is this standard trash storage procedure? It was 9pm doubtful there were and housekeeping attendants on staff at this time.

My traveling companion was refused a receipt upon exit, was told that he was an IHG member and to use the website for a receipt. Five minutes later I checked out with the younger clerk, and was given a receipt with no problems.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Sandy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2016

I'm so sorry to hear about your stay at Candlewood Suites. Yes, in fact our hotel is in the process of a total renovation. It is a very exciting time for us here at the hotel. Yes a lot of things are out of sorts as we are making room for new furniture and not everything has a space any longer. If you would like to give us a call we can surely resolve any of your concerns. Please ask for either Jerry which is our General Manager or myself Sandy, which I am the Operations Manager.
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed here as part of the FFA National Convention. We really enjoyed the quiet residential neighborhood, the close proximity to the Expo Center (very nice when we needed to be there at 7am Saturday!) We were able to find a number of restaurants and shops within 15 minutes. The room was very nice with separate bedroom, living room with sofa bed & comfy chair and the kitchen was well supplied and even had popcorn for a snack! Very nice to have real plates for our pizza, glasses for drinks & lots of ice with a full size frig with ice maker & a great selection in the honor system "store".
Beds were comfy, pillows plentiful and fluffy soft towels. Lots of closet space, plenty of bathroom counter space and a desk/dressing table in bedroom. Great lighting in all areas. Would definitely stay here again! (Oh, they even had to-go cups for drinks right in the room....very nice touch!) Staff was very pleasant & helpful!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Sandy H, Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us, we look forward to your visit again very soon.