“Classy Drinks and Ambiance”
Review of The St. Charles Exchange - CLOSED

The St. Charles Exchange
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The St. Charles Exchange provides a casually elegant & unique environment, serving world class food and featuring an award winning cocktail program. Please come and enjoy a great experience in a space that truly captures the history of Louisville!
Reviewed 5 July 2015

So much to like about the Exchange. In town on business with some long time colleagues, I was looking for a replacement for a bar we used to go when we met up in a different city. Our old haunt had good cocktails, nice bartenders, good happy hour (with food) and a really classy atmosphere. Could I find the same in Louisville?

St. Charles Exchange completely fit the bill. It was a perfect match. The cocktail of the day was delicious and inventive. The sliders were more than enough food to keep us drinking. The waiters/bartenders were not put off by the size of our group or our need for continual drinks. The ambiance was also great - classy, posh, but not too much.

I almost hesitated to write the review because I don't want people discovering our new spot!

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

The drinks are sensational with a varied selection! The deviled eggs and Elvis on horseback are a delight, by the snapper, I would not recommend--not fresh OR delicious. The fries can substitute a meal, they're so good! Great location for a fun night out.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Elvis on horseback excellent, kids liked the deviled eggs, salad bitter but dressing wonderful, pork chop truly outstanding but the grits were so salty (and I love salt) I could not eat them, we passed on the dessert. They had nothing with CHOCOLATE!!! It was nice experience with average food except for the salty grits. Probably will not go back since Louisville has ton of new exciting places.

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

I don't drink but the bar is beautiful and the presentation of the entire place is amazingly well done.
Appetizer of cheese plate was extraordinary. So was bacon wrapped dates with peanut butter the Elvis on Horseback. Delicious. Bibb salad was good as well. Dressing was a honey something. Very tasty.
Salmon was excellent, so were burgers loved the bun and cheese. TV at bar to watch nba finals. Service first rate.

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

We got here right at opening to sit at the bar and grab a drink. As a bonus, we got to watch the Belmont Stakes!

The bartenders were very nice and educated enough to teach two novices about bourbon. We ended up getting a few beers after our bourbon tasting because we liked the place so much. I could make this a regular hangout when I want a little fancier atmosphere.