“Beautiful Hotel”
Review of The Brown Hotel

The Brown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for three days while visiting Louisville for my wife's 40th bday. The hotel is a beautiful hotel and is just a few blocks from 4th street live entertainment area. The area was kind of quiet while we were there and we were ok with that. The hotel was within walking distance to a lot of restaurants, Louisville slugger museum, and flamrun glass co where you can blow your own piece of art. There is a self parking garage connected to the 2nd floor of the hotel where check in was located. We stayed on the club-level floor as it was only $20 more per night and we were able to partake in the offering in the club lounge each morning and evening. The hotel was about 2-3 miles from Church Hill downs, which is worth going to visit. If you are a bourbon/whiskey drinker the hotel is within walking distance of the Jim Beam midtown distillery and Evan Williams experience. I was really impressed with the local area as most places gave a military discount.

I would recommend staying in this hotel if you are going to be in Louisville for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: must do the chef's table in the English grill
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Brown really is a lux experience. The lobby is classic and inviting, with a pianist entertaining guests, and bartenders in the lobby bar who are cheerful and accommodating. Breakfast in J.Grahams was delicious. Our room/bed was very comfortable. Overall a terrific experience while we visited friends, walked the city and went to the races at Keeneland. BUT, apparently their exceptional service ends the moment that you check out. After checkout on Monday, I realized that I had left a personal article in the closet in our room; and, on the return drive to Atlanta, I called from the road to report the oversight to housekeeping. I heard nothing the next day, and called later that afternoon, speaking with the manager of housekeeping. He promised to look, check with the maid, and return my call. No calls. I called repeatedly thru that week, During one call, when I did get housekeeping manager, I was told he thought they'd located the item, but he needed to call me back since he was conducting an interview. Finally I called the Director of Guest Services, the following Saturday. Heard nothing, and called him again on Monday. He expressed an appropriate level of concern, and had the housekeeping manager call me back, the housekeeping manager curtly said they did not find the item... that was it. Something about the whole lack of concern exhibited just doesn't ring of exceptional service. Seriously disappointed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were 4 of us, 2 couples doing a driving trip of Kentucky. Louisville was our first stop. We booked upgraded rooms that included access to the club lounge. They say that the club offers a continental breakfast, but we were able to have a regular breakfast with oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, danish, fruit and beverages. Jessica did an excellent job of taking care of the guests. They had snacks from 5-7, but we were able to make a pretty good dinner out of them. They had complimentary beer (2 or 3 different kinds) and 2 different kinds of wine. There were pastries, desserts, fruits, cheese, hummus and some warm finger foods. Bottled water, tea and coffee were available all day. The hotel was first class, the room was large and nicely appointed. The water pressure was good in the shower and they had nice towels. I would say that they need to replace their pillows. The staff was wonderful! Of course we had to try the famous "Hot Brown" at their restaurant for lunch. We would definitely stay here again and pay the extra amount for the larger room and access to the club lounge.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights with Southern cordiality from the checkin, room staff, food, bars to checkout. Front desk staff so pleasant, your day gets better from the get go! May be a little more money for room, but you get it back in comfort of rooms to top class amenities.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My organization recently hosted a very important meeting for us at The Brown Hotel. The hotel is beautiful, clean and has so much character. The staff is friendly and attentive, the meals were fantastic, and the meeting room was impressive. The most important thing is all of our meeting guests loved the hotel and all insisted that we had to return to The Brown Hotel! If you are in Louisville you must stay here!

I work with various hotels across the country planning meetings for our organization. I will have to say that you will not find a more attentive staff. They listen and understand your needs and truly care about making your event a success. If you are hosting a meeting in Louisville your first contact should be The Brown Hotel. Your meeting participants will thank you and you will have the least amount of stress over any meeting you have ever planned!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business