“Excellent authentic mexican food”
Review of La Cocina Mexicana

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #34 of 94 Restaurants in Murray
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Great, authentic Mexican food with an extremely friendly staff. They have reasonable prices and more food than you can eat. They also make an awesome margarita!!

There are newer reviews for La Cocina Mexicana

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I used to love this place but the last few times I've been there have been disappointing. The service was slow and they overcharged us. Don Sol is a much better option.

1  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I had heard it was great so we gave it a try. Maybe it was an off day for them but it wasn't all that good. The salsa bowls were filled with water when they brought them out. Hopefully, it was just rinse water but gross none the less. They have great salsa and I saw another table with a fish bowl margarita that looked really good :) They have a good selection of Mexican beers. I just wasn't impressed with the food, or the pesky flies.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Visited Friday 2/19/16 after working 12 hr shift. Exhausted and new to area, a patient suggested for me to try this place. Glad I went.

Parking lot was limited but looked as if others used near by parking lot also.

Service at the door was my initial concern. Had to ask if I seat self after several mins of waiting. I was hoping this wasn't gonna be like this the rest of my visit.

After being seated, was greeted with with chips/salsa immediately. My waitress was friendly. I was concerned with strength/taste of a margarita. (I've been to many Mexican restaurants and struggle to find a good tasting margarita that isn't watered down or tart tasting.)
I trusted her word that their drink would satisfy me especially after being up since 4am!!! Glad I did. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst. I will order one again.

I ordered a mushroom quesadilla and 16oz margarita. It was satisfying. I will come back.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Good selection on the menu of standard Mexican fare. Plus a few specials. Service is always good to decent. Food is prepared well. This is a little closer to the Mexican we use to get when we lived in Arizona than most around here.