“Exceptional evening!”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2016

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful 4 course meal! We shared an appetizer-the flipping good shrimp-which was very tasty! We each had a salad (I had the greek and he had the caesar salad with great dressing). For our entrees, I had the savory cider salmon and he had the pork tenderloin-both were excellent! We shared a piece of triple chocolate cake with hazelnut-YUM!! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Nice old building with lots of things for kitschy things for the kids to look at and keep them entertained. Service was good and friendly though not overly quick. The sandwiches were good and I was told it was an excellent tuna salad. The other choices (grilled cheese, cheese burger, chicken sandwich) were good but not excellent. I liked the desert as it was good quality sugar (not corn syrup) used in the frosting and not overly sweet. A very good option.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

My friends and I stumbled across this cafe and glad we did. We went to see a psychic at this location, which I would also recommend, on Wednesdays. The atmosphere was very unique along with many toys from the past. The drinks were amazing and the appetizer was delicious. I would recommend. I will be back

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

This is a fun place to dine. It's in an old pharmacy and has been decorated with about every little antique and toy you can imagine. The menu was a nice variety and good food. We like to go and have a drink and share the cheese board appetizer.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I went here with a group of friends on a Friday night. We had a reservation for 12 people and we were in a cozy little area by the bar. It was dark and parking was a bit of an issue. We fortunately found a street spot not too far away.

The decor here was a lot of fun and made for good conversation. If you've ever wanted to see a 1970's Pete Rose in his underwear, be sure to check out the ladies room.

As for the service, it was a bit spotty, perhaps because we had a large group, or because they were also packed with other guests. It wasn't terrible, but I had to ask twice for the tea I ordered, plus we had to wait a bit for our bill. Speaking of tea, they had nice little teapots but the tea selection was not very interesting. It was Bigelow tea. I always feel like nice restaurants should have more unique teas. I would love to see some more unique tea selections here. Maybe Numi teas or at least Harney & Sons or something like that.

Now onto the main event, the food. I had checked out the menu beforehand and was very excited that they had some gluten free and vegan options already on the menu. My husband and I both started out with the Autumn salad easily made gluten free by leaving off the bread that accompanied it. It was delicious! Everything went well together. For the entree, I ordered the Cauliflower steak, which I was very excited about. I got the relish on the side since I'm not a big olive fan. The dish was good, but the cauliflower was a bit on the chewy side. It might have been better if it had been chopped up and roasted more. The sauce was very tasty and the spaghetti squash was excellent. Overall, it was very good.

My husband got the mahi mahi and thought it was a tad overcooked. But still good. We also ordered the peanut butter pie for dessert. It was pretty amazing. You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. I tasted some of it and my husband refused to part with another bite!

Overall, I would definitely recommend checking out York Street Cafe. We were there with a large group, but I think it would be great for a romantic date night. We will probably try it again for a date night soon!