“Chunks of Lobster in Bisque”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Newport
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 8
Transit: Tank Shuttle
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Thought I was still in Cincinnati, OH until my waiter Jeremiah told me I was across the river in Newport, KY!!! Trying to wait out Cincinnati's rush hour traffic, I went into the Chart House restaurant for dinner. Jeremiah provided me with exemplary service; when he saw me pull out my iPad, he volunteered the WiFi password. Had lobster bisque with huge chunks of lobster, was very tasty. My entree, stuffed shrimp, was in six pieces too large for me to eat all six ... very garlicky & buttery! I wasn't too particular about the orzo; not very tasty. Although I didn't choose it, there is a salad bar available. Finished with chocolate lava cake, enough for two people. The cake part was warm, soft, chocolaty with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream covered in a slight shell dusted in nuts. Jeremiah kept my iced tea coming; he was the one who told me I was in Kentucky but explained this area as tri-state ... Ohio, Kentucky, & Indiana all come together here. Had a wonderful view of the Ohio River & the bridge back to Ohio. Both a tugboat w/barge and a paddle wheel boat went by as the sun was setting. A wonderful way to spend rush hour!

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed view of river. Great staff. Sits on barge, so waves bump it but just adds to atmosphere. Open air bar, plenty of stations to be served. Highly recommend

Reviewed 13 September 2015

A group of friends celebrated my birthday here earlier this evening and we had a most enjoyable time. Upon our arrival at the restaurant it was a pleasant surprise to find a complimentary valet parking service available at the front entrance. After checking in at the reception desk we were promptly seated and I was presented with a personalized birthday menu (it was a very nice way to begin the evening). I started with a signature cocktail called a Daydreamer; it was one of the most unique and tastiest drinks I have ever had (featuring 23 year old Ron Zacapa Rum). I followed with a bowl of clam chowder soup, and half order of their magnificent spinach salad which I split with a member of our party. I chose the cedar plank salmon as my entree which came with rice and asparagus. The salmon was cooked to perfection and I thoroughly enjoyed the sides as well. For desert I received a very tasty coffee ice cream pie with a chocolate crumb crust and chocolate syrup drizzled over the top; it was superb! The serving and supervisory staff was very personable and attentive throughout our meal. Additionally, we thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful view of the Cincinnati Skyline as well as the river activities. This establishment certainly received "two thumbs up" from each member of our party. We are very much looking forward to our next visit to this most impressive restaurant.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I both ordered snapper but prepared differently. I had Snapper Hemingway and my husband had it blackened. When I received my dinner I took a bite of fish and it did not taste fresh and was very dry. My husband tested his fish and also his fish was dry and also did not taste fresh. Manager came by to see how everything was and we explained to her about our meals. She was very apologetic and offered to get us something else but basically we lost our appetite. Later waiter offered us desserts and cappuccino for the problem with our meals so we accepted. We both ordered cappuccinos and one mud pie. The waiter brought out our cappuccinos. We were shocked when we saw them. One cup was half way full and the other a quarter full and it did not look like a cappuccino . We asked the waiter if this is how it should look and he explained because they are big cups that's why they are small serving. I tasted my cappuccino and it was terrible. Never had such a bad cappuccino like this ever. If I was paying for it I would have sent it back. I would have preferred waiter taking fish off check instead of free coffee and desserts. We have been eating at chart Houses all over the country for over 20 years and never had such a bad meal as this one. Beware when eating here that they may say fish is fresh but it's not.

1  Thank getaccessorized
Reviewed 28 August 2015

The food and t he service was great at the Chart House. A beautiful view of the river and downtown Cincinnati