“Defines hospitality”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017

There of us dined here on a chilly evening after being the object of (feigned?) ferocious attention from an especially loud watch dog who--from his side of a neighbor's fence--decided to escort us from the large parking lot to the terrace of the restaurant. Following that bit of jarring aerobic exercise, we stepped into the restaurant and were warmly greeted by one of several extremely kind members of the family that owns this charming place. Gazing inside the "glass booth," we watched the chef work at an amazing pace to produce variation after variation of pizze, all with a crust that almost approaches "carta di musica" in its lightness and thinness. I had a Da Napoli, I believe it as called, with capers and anchovies. Thinking that might push the saltiness a bit too far, I asked for the pizza to be topped with arugula. It arrived precisely as ordered and was delicious. The choices of my dining partners were equally well executed. We had the pizze after we devoured the house appetizer plate, a very generous selection of buschette, crosstoni, salame and cheese. Well turned out and appealing. One of us especially liked a mild goat cheese that was used to top a rondel of kiwi. I asked the hostess who made it. She said she would check and then returned with a package of the cheese as a gift for us. This was just the most extreme version of their lovely approach to clients. Caring, attentive, helpful, professional surely, but deeply kind and personable (our waiter was writing about Pirandello in his university work). I sense that the ethos of this place (call it integrity, perhaps, and solidarity with the guests) that is so evident ion the service applies to all that they do (the things customers don't see). The restaurant features a full range of Tuscan dishes beyond pizza. I hope to try some of them (including what appeared to be a spectacular Bistecca Fiorentino) some day. And the dog? Equally loud, bold, and aggressive on our way out as he had been on our way in...Some things never change. I hope this applies to Scroccazucche, as well.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We were in Rigomagno staying with friends at their rented house and decided to try this place as we had driven by it several times.
We made our reservation by phone for 7:00 and it's a good thing we did, because the place got very busy from 7:30 onwards.
The atmosphere is casual and friendly and there seemed to be many families dining here which is a good sign.
My wife and I shared the Pecorino Pear Ravioli, boneless veal cutlet and roast vegetables. The ravioli was stuffed with pecorino cheese and served in a light cream sauce finished with sliced pear. It was to die for! The veal was perfectly cooked.
Our group of six had various dishes and all were very pleased.
Our bill with wine and water before tip was $108E....great food, good value!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I love this place, it is our constant destination when in the area for work (which is often). We come Spring, summer, fall and it is always delicious. They have great pasta, especially tartufo, but I always choose their pizza because it's delicious.
I love that they have taste options that do not have meat. It is my favorite pizza this far north in Italy and I make sure to bring anyone visiting to the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I have been to this restaurant 7 times the last 3 summers. Coming from Denmark to Italy I think thats saying a lot.. We adore this family owned and run restaurant. The ambiance is just so quaint and fun. You leave the restaurant already wondering when you can go back.
The food is just lovely. The risotto "riso scroccazucche" with porcini mushrooms, saffron and truffle is just divine. So is their "carbonaro spagliato" which is a pasta dish of pici pasta with a carbonara sauce with freshly shaved truffle on top.. I feel like I would walk from Denmark to Tuscany just to eat this pasta again.. The tagliolini con lardo is also a favourite of my fathers - who is a true Italian and therefor pastalover.
Housewine is always perfectly chilled and with bubbles! The antipastis are great for sharing and tasting different things.. just wow!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

You know one of those one time things that you have with your loved one , You just decide to go somwhere you have never been , this was it ! Lovely place , full of people , but romantic and relaxed atmosphere , we had their house starter which we shared and it was delicious ! Good house white wine also , we ordered veal meat and it was not disappointing , delicous recipes . I hope we will return !

P.S. The Courtesy of the staff and the owners lighted up the evening .
P.S.S. I don't know if it was the food or not but I got the girl after dinner ! <3