“Best BBQ in Town”

Fritz's Barbeque Shack
Ranked #54 of 168 Restaurants in Owensboro
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

In a town that considers itself to be the barbecue capital of the world, this hole in the wall is, without exception, the best offering available. The owner used to work in Jasper, IN at a German restaurant, and has several newspaper clippings and trophies from various food competitions throughout the 80s and 90s. The potato salad has meat (bacon) in it; the baked beans have meat (bacon) in it; the meat has meat in it. Absolutely phenomenal. I had the spare ribs plate and my friend had the pulled pork plate. Portions are giant, and I would put quality up against anything I've had in Memphis or Texas.

1  Thank William M

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and the bbq is fantastic. I had the pulled pork plate. It was a large portion at a very good price.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. We had a smoked bologna sandwich and a three rib dinner with two sides. I think they actually gave me more than three ribs and they were great. The potato salad, BBQ beans, and burgoo were all great too. You order inside and there are two concrete tables outside you can eat at. I think a lot of the locals just get carry-out and take it home.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Fritz's BBQ shack is a great addition to the Owensboro barbecue scene. It's just for take out. They do breakfast starting at 7 AM. The lunch and lunch special menu is available from 11AM to 7PM. There is a different lunch (dinner) special each day which is currently $6.50 including tax. It includes a meat and three sides. It's great barbecue or home cooking from someone who really knows how to prepare good food. They have an assortment of chicken, ribs, smoked bologna, pork loin, pork chops cooked in the smoker on site. Sandwiches, soups, burgers and sides are available ala carte.
Eat at Fritz's BBQ Shack drive up to the little red building on the right side of the building, Check out the menu and daily specials (Better to check the daily special on their Facebook page ahead of time.). Give your order to person at the window and pay. Drive around the building to the window on the other side of the building and promptly pick up your order wrapped or packed in styrofoam takeout box and in a big plastic bag - plastic eating utensils an napkin included. Go home and enjoy.
I've been singing the praises of this place all over town, so there may be a line the next time I go back - which I will.

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Great BBQ. Plan on getting it to go. Not a place to dine in. Great BBQ pulled pork and chicken. Great for any family reunion or any outing. We loved it.