“Great place for riding!!”

First Farm Inn Horseback Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Two-hour riding lessons are available year-round at First Farm Inn for both B&B guests and those who aren't staying with us. Call to make a reservation. Lessons begin with grooming and getting acquainted with your horse. We tack up, mount safely and correctly, then begin in the riding arena, working on basic commands and getting comfortable with your horse. After you have demonstrated control and respect for your horse, we move out and practice riding through the woods and around the farm. Horses can be unpredictable. By coming to the farm, you accept responsibility and all liability for your experience on the ground or riding. First Farm Inn horses are a colorful assortment of breeds and personalities that will be matched as much as possible to your personality and physical attributes. It's a very individual experience, no more than five riders in each lesson. More experienced riders report riding at First Farm Inn is "like owning your own horse" but with coaching to ensure that you are safely centered and balanced.
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had the pleasure of coming across First Farm Inn while I was searching for places to ride in the Cincinnati area as I would be there for 2 months on business.
From the moment we arrived the first time and she introduced us to her animals, we were made to feel comfortable and welcome. Jen lets you handle the horses and tells you about each ones different temperaments, age, history and gaits. By the time you get on your horse, you have handled him and he has had a chance to get to know you. Jen is also making sure each rider is well matched to the right horse. I wound up returning weekly for a 2hr ride for the duration of my stay. I got the chance to ride most of the horses and by the time I left was feeling quite comfortable with them all. It was truly the highlight of my trip and I cant wait to return. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I didn't actually stay in the B&B so I cannot rate it. I would however stay there based on the treatment we received when we rode.

1  Thank Zuleyma22
There are newer reviews for First Farm Inn Horseback Riding

Reviewed 7 September 2013

my husband took my daughter and i on a surprise day trip, and we went to first farm inn for horseback riding. i really wasn't looking forward to a day trip, because i'd rather stay at home and do my own routine but once we got there, the grounds itself was very peaceful. and the day only got better as we learned about the horses and had hands on with the horses and the owner/guides were very helpful in us understanding things about the horses before we rode. then we took about a 2 hour horseback riding experience that left me feeling very tranquil as we went home. i must say, i'm not one that likes to try new things but i highly recommend this experience for anyone and their families. and i can't wait to return one day.

1  Thank michele p
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I love how the horses are loved and well cared for. I also like the way the owner tells you about the personality of each horse.

When you get there none of the horses are prepped. While I like grooming horses, most people do not. It could be seen that the owner is putting the rider to "work" by making them groom the horse, saddle, unsaddle, and wash the horse at the end. In my experience most people do not want to "pay" to work. If this is not the type of experience you want, then don't go here. But, if you want the whole experience, this is the place you want to be.

1  Thank Jill R
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I loved how patient Jen was with us being as how we were unexperienced riders. I wanted my son to learn about caring for horses as well as learning how to ride. He had never been on a horse. Jen was careful in picking out horses to suit our inexperience and our height.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We took several family members to First Farm Inn for a couple hours of trail riding. It started as a Valentine's Day gift to my wife, but kept growing as family members discovered what we were doing. The experience was awesome. First, the horses are immaculate, well behaved, and loved by Jen, the owner. She is an expert horse woman and an outstanding teacher who was able to corral six novices into a very fun riding experience. Her knowledge of the horses is amazing. From personality types to the breed of horse, she is very well versed and a wealth of knowledge. The atmosphere is very casual, but you still feel as though you have excellent instruction to keep things safe. Her horses are well kept and majestic. I have been trail riding multiple places; however, I have never seen horses that are this well kept.

1  Thank David D